No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Pacquiao vs Clottey...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Badguy View Post
    And I'm convinced that Floyd will land 80% of his punches on route to an easy Marquez type of win...
    Too bad Floyd doesn't share your point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
      Whoever concludes that Mayweather will beat Pacquiao using the Clottey fight as a reference is a first class idiot!

The only thing we can take from that fight is Manny, because he is a volume puncher, still throws wide punches and leaves himself open carelessly. He also wastes alot of punches (20% connect rate).

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
        Too bad Floyd doesn't share your point of view.
        Yeah floyd is definitely scared of Manny. He should of Just agreed to fight Manny in january then we'd have seen it already. I mean he must be a coward. Why didn't he just accept all Manny's stipulations back then. I mean can you believe him. That would be like a grown man with tatooos saying he is afraid of needles.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          The only thing we can take from that fight is Manny, because he is a volume puncher, still throws wide punches and leaves himself open carelessly. He also wastes alot of punches (20% connect rate).
          Don't be one of 'em Dunn...

You should also take note that Clottey covered like an armadillo all night and thus Pac baited him to open up, hence the hits Clottey landed on Pac.

Of course Pac wasted a lotta punches, but heck, who wouldn't? With Clottey covering all night, wouldn't you wanna engage him and do everything to get such?

Now these idiot's manly love for Floyd will go through these lengths just to discredit Manny, but not knowing they somehow disrespect their own idol Floyd, making him look bad that Floyd will win just coz Clottey hit Pac??? LOL not good a reference towards Floyd either IMO. Dang of course FLoyd's hell of a lot better and don't need no reference fights, and that Clottey fight is the worst fight as a reference, says a lot about people who use it as not knowing boxing as a whole.

Like I said, don't be one of 'em mate, you're too good...

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
            Don't be one of 'em Dunn...

You should also take note that Clottey covered like an armadillo all night and thus Pac baited him to open up, hence the hits Clottey landed on Pac.

Of course Pac wasted a lotta punches, but heck, who wouldn't? With Clottey covering all night, wouldn't you wanna engage him and do everything to get such?

Now these idiot's manly love for Floyd will go through these lengths just to discredit Manny, but not knowing they somehow disrespect their own idol Floyd, making him look bad that Floyd will win just coz Clottey hit Pac??? LOL not good a reference towards Floyd either IMO. Dang of course FLoyd's hell of a lot better and don't need no reference fights, and that Clottey fight is the worst fight as a reference, says a lot about people who use it as not knowing boxing as a whole.

Like I said, don't be one of 'em mate, you're too good...
            Im not one of them. I agree with your points. That said Manny's connect percentage is generally low and his output high. That didn't change in this fight. As it relates to floyd/manny the only things this fight showed is Manny still has the same vulnerabilities that roach has been trying to work out. Manny has the style and speed to frustrate floyd and the power to hurt him. But, once the fight gets going, Manny seems to always revert to old Manny which always hurts him when his opponent boxes and uses lateral movement.

Comment

Im not one of them. I agree with your points. That said Manny's connect percentage is generally low and his output high. That didn't change in this fight. As it relates to floyd/manny the only things this fight showed is Manny still has the same vulnerabilities that roach has been trying to work out. Manny has the style and speed to frustrate floyd and the power to hurt him. But, once the fight gets going, Manny seems to always revert to old Manny which always hurts him when his opponent boxes and uses lateral movement.
              Floyd will not look to use lateral movement. He will give some movement but not as much as he used against Baldomir, for instance. I think he'll try and stay in the pocket with Manny and get on the inside, where Pac's game is decidely mediocre. That's his advantage.

Comment

The bold just validates my original point. Clottey had none of those in that fight, so it's idiotic to use that fight as reference, isn't it?

LOL don't worry You're not one of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
                  Clottey would beat Mosley and give Mayweather a hard time.
                  In what world?

We are talking about Josh Clottey here..his best win is Zab Judah. And, he is known for losing close fights. Please stop overrating Josh because he fought Manny, seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Floyd will not look to use lateral movement. He will give some movement but not as much as he used against Baldomir, for instance. I think he'll try and stay in the pocket with Manny and get on the inside, where Pac's game is decidely mediocre. That's his advantage.
                    I agree!

FLoyd's inside game is criminally underrated, and if he takes this route (where Manny sucks in this particular facet) it's game over for Pacquiao.

That is, if Floyd can come close. Floyd can stay in the pocket but he needs to neutralize those flurries of power punches by Pacquiao to be successful going inside.

Comment

I agree. FLoyd should have agreed to fight Manny in January then we could've seen it already. wait, he did agree and Manny said no because he didn't want to take tests. Floyd is such a scared coward. I mean he is scared of needles too because he doesnt have any tatoos.
                      Are you typing to yourself?

No 3rd person typing in NSB

Comment

Working...
                      X