if lampley and merchant were racist during hbo telecasts show proof

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
    Yeah you’re right, good find bro.
    Yeah, I just got lucky because I remember at the time thinking Oscar was being a ***** and also that he lost to sweet pea

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Larry merchants favorite boxer was Manny Pacquiao
      Which was very true and I agree. I wasn't calling Larry Merchant a racist. He loved himself some Sugar Shane Mosley too as well as some Sugar Ray Leonard and they were all non white fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
        What? Where's the clip?
        https://www.*************.com/thread...on-him.390094/

Sorry to link to a competitor but I didn't feel like doing a long convoluted search.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
          https://www.*************.com/thread...on-him.390094/

Sorry to link to a competitor but I didn't feel like doing a long convoluted search.
          Didn't work.

Comment

Merchant to me, always came across as real. He did not tippy toe over his thoughts. People these days are just overly sensitive crybabies.

Merchant liked who he liked and disliked who he disliked and would not sugar coat it. He didn't like Floyd. So What? He didn't always dislike Floyd. It was the Money Mayweather he disliked.

Comment

Like I said show me video proof or f_uck off. Fake internet revolutionists eatad-ikup. You cant show video proof because it doesnt exist. I can show you proof bernard hopkins is a racist with the video I will never let a white boy beat me.

basicly I dont want to read your meaningless opinions show proof or go f-uck urslef

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                Didn't work.
                It's boxing forum 24 just google it

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                  I don't know how old you are, but I remember an extremely warm relationship between Hopkins and Merchant beginning even before the Middleweight tournament and climaxing with the Trinidad victory. It was the closest thing I've seen in boxing between a commentator and fighter, since Howard Cosell and Muhammad Ali. Their relationship did cool a bit, but the genuine discourse between the two always showed me that Merchant was biased against personality and conduct (and maybe too much so), rather than skin color.

you kidding right? Merchant used to trash hopkins every fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDNUTwDqcTs

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    This like a mfer.

I don't recall Larry ever saying anything outright racist or even something that could be confused as racist really, but he always seemed to find reasons to like more white fighters & find reasons to dislike more black fighters. He'd switch things up here & there by really liking a black fighter, but it was a rare occurrence as I recall it.

Mainly I just hated Merchant for trying to make some book comparison to the fight we just watched. He was always trying to show how cultured he was or trying to hard to be some 4th rate Norman Mailer.
                    Well prove it, wheres the broadcast evidence for that?

I've never seen Merchant cheer lead for a fighter like he did Whitaker...who is black btw. I've rarely seen him be as complimentary as he was for Holyfield.

Theb ig issue with a lot of people on this forum is that he said a few home truths about a certain someone....

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                      Merchant to me, always came across as real. He did not tippy toe over his thoughts. People these days are just overly sensitive crybabies.

Merchant liked who he liked and disliked who he disliked and would not sugar coat it. He didn't like Floyd. So What? He didn't always dislike Floyd. It was the Money Mayweather he disliked.
                      I've been saying this for years. Merchant was not a company stooge like Kellerman is and would ask the tough questions. I didn't see a big cheerleader for Mayweather in his early days than Merchant, who really wanted Mayweather v Naz and the old man literally drooled over Floyd's skills...but when a guy starts to duck and dive, to lie about wanting a fight, to take the path of least resistance, Merchant called him out for it.

A few too many snowflakes on here can't handle that.

Comment

Working...
                      X