Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usyk's management contacted by Andre Ward.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Yupper.

Just had me scratching my head is all.

I thought it was hilarious cuz he gave me red k back saying I will

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

I thought it was hilarious cuz he gave me red k back saying I will
      haha

arhhhgghh

Its all good. I notice your a good poster and respond to boxing developments unlike many of the Thunder denizens.

Comment

haha

arhhhgghh

Its all good. I notice your a good poster and respond to boxing developments unlike many of the Thunder denizens.
        Thanks yea and very impartial comes from my karate background

Comment

I don't think we consider the same point of authority when it comes to the rules. Combative endevours in the ring cannot be regulated by a book.
          It’s possible that we don’t see it alike. You don’t see infractions if the ref doesn’t call them. I do. Same way I see it when Sven Ottke or Lucian Bute gets help from home town referees. I see the bs. When decisions are appalling like Whitaker vs Chavez, I say it’s a bunch of crap. It’s ok that you leave it in the hands of the officials and not the rule book. I just have another perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            It’s possible that we don’t see it alike. You don’t see infractions if the ref doesn’t call them. I do. Same way I see it when Sven Ottke or Lucian Bute gets help from home town referees. I see the bs. When decisions are appalling like Whitaker vs Chavez, I say it’s a bunch of crap. It’s ok that you leave it in the hands of the officials and not the rule book. I just have another perspective.
            I believe a good ref can be impartial and accept a certain degree of bending the rules skillfully. So when fighter A pushes Fighter B off and into the ropes...that takes good body positioning, leverage...Even though NO PUSHING off the opponent is the rule.

On the other hand protecting one fighter at the expense of another is wrong, or when a fighter is trying to harm another, as opposed to gain an advantage to box more opportunistically...so, for example, what Holy did to Mike Tyson was really almost fralgrent...tough call, he did push mike back, but used his head as a battering ram. Close one!

Decisions are another issue all together. 'Decisions in boxing are awful and there should be a set up that is better for them, such as more judges so each round can be reviewed by the judges carefully, then another set of judges for the following round, so scoring can employ instant replay, etc.

The problem with respecting the rules as stated per se is best exemplified by the first Margarito Cotto fight. Cotto dod not clinch while Margarito cheated and because he did not clinch he not only lost that fight, but failed to protect himself. The dictate to protect oneself at all times takes precedence to me. Cotto could have been killed.

Comment

I believe a good ref can be impartial and accept a certain degree of bending the rules skillfully. So when fighter A pushes Fighter B off and into the ropes...that takes good body positioning, leverage...Even though NO PUSHING off the opponent is the rule.

On the other hand protecting one fighter at the expense of another is wrong, or when a fighter is trying to harm another, as opposed to gain an advantage to box more opportunistically...so, for example, what Holy did to Mike Tyson was really almost fralgrent...tough call, he did push mike back, but used his head as a battering ram. Close one!

Decisions are another issue all together. 'Decisions in boxing are awful and there should be a set up that is better for them, such as more judges so each round can be reviewed by the judges carefully, then another set of judges for the following round, so scoring can employ instant replay, etc.

The problem with respecting the rules as stated per se is best exemplified by the first Margarito Cotto fight. Cotto dod not clinch while Margarito cheated and because he did not clinch he not only lost that fight, but failed to protect himself. The dictate to protect oneself at all times takes precedence to me. Cotto could have been killed.
              What about Wards referees? What do you think about Reiss in the Kessler fight and Weeks in the Kovalev fight? Fair and impartial?

To me those two performances are some of the worst examples of hometown referees in recent memory.

Comment

What about Wards referees? What do you think about Reiss in the Kessler fight and Weeks in the Kovalev fight? Fair and impartial?

To me those two performances are some of the worst examples of hometown referees in recent memory.
                I have not looked at those fights and analyzed the officiating. When I have a few minutes later this week, or when I take one of my "computer breaks" to stir up trouble in the history section I will look at these fights carefully and get back to you.

I am always willing to look at something with an open mind.

Comment

• So...he said he was contacted by Ward's people. And then said they might move to cruiser.

That second part sounds like it's coming from Usyk's management and wasn't why Ward "reached out."

Comment

I have not looked at those fights and analyzed the officiating. When I have a few minutes later this week, or when I take one of my "computer breaks" to stir up trouble in the history section I will look at these fights carefully and get back to you.

I am always willing to look at something with an open mind.
                    I am slightly baffled that you, as a huge Ward fan, do not have those fights in clear memory, but please do look them over.

Comment

I am slightly baffled that you, as a huge Ward fan, do not have those fights in clear memory, but please do look them over.
                      Memory is one thing, but when I watch a match I don't really focus on the ref. I also never score fights. I prefer to focus on other aspects.

Comment

Working...
                      X