Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people even score body punching anymore?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do people even score body punching anymore?

Because Canelo absolutely dominated that category, literally over 90% of the body punches thrown and landed last night were from Canelo and they were hard, clean punches.

It's why I had Canelo winning, and seems to be completely ignored by everyone who felt he lost.

Canelo was landing clean to the head, the body, jabs, hooks, a wide variety of punches. All I saw ggg landing was a consistent jab, no body work, just head hunting partially blocked shots. If ggg had gone to the body I would've had him winning but he didn't.

It certainly appears that way, and has for a while now.

Comment

Jim lamply.....I mean they only count it for certain fighters.......I had nelo winning the fight.

Comment

Canelo worked that boys body

Comment

Canelo definitely did well to the body. Would like to have evenn more though.

For what it's worth I had Canelo winning.

Comment

No they don't count clean bodyshots but they'll soon count missed punches won't they?

Selective viewing. I've said it all along these GGG fans only see what they want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              Because Canelo absolutely dominated that category, literally over 90% of the body punches thrown and landed last night were from Canelo and they were hard, clean punches.

It's why I had Canelo winning, and seems to be completely ignored by everyone who felt he lost.

Canelo was landing clean to the head, the body, jabs, hooks, a wide variety of punches. All I saw ggg landing was a consistent jab, no body work, just head hunting partially blocked shots. If ggg had gone to the body I would've had him winning but he didn't.
              To my mind body punches should count roughly the same as any other punches in terms of their immediate effect on scoring a round. They certainly shouldn't be ignored but neither should they be counted as 2 or 3 other punches as some people seem to want to do. Any longer term debilitating damage from body punches that affects a boxers ability to fight at maximum potential as a fight progresses is moot and may affect the scoring of later rounds if they are effective, but they certainly shouldn't be scored as somehow more significant just because we know they might effect the outcome of later rounds. I would also like to say I often think there's a degree of elitism or snobbery in this position - like only the cognescenti are somehow able to notice when fighters land bodyshots (and typically when it's an unpopular win). Fuck makes people somehow think that they see **** that everyone else is blind to?

Comment

Canelo had good work to the body in the early and late rounds . I had him pulling out the Draw by winning the 12th round .

Comment

Canelo did in fact have sublime and consistent body attack. GGG wasn't going to the body like I expected him to but his jab, like usual, was dominant. It was a close freaking fight man.

Comment

Canelo worked the body and landed all the clean, hard shots. Made GGG miss badly and despite GGG being the bigger harder brawler it was Canelo who out landed him in power punches and busted his face up. Canelo was never hurt and looked clean as phuk after the fight. Canelo will win the rematch even easier might even stop him like ward did kovalev.

Comment

Working...
                    X