Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson's Promoter Fires Back at DeGuardia Over Smith

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    Child please last year you never even knew this mopes name.

A-side only matters when you are discussing two stars

or at least, one star

I like Smith, great story, how could you not wish him the best

but yea, what you said ^^

..... so, now Smith is the A-side ? LMAO

Comment

No I hadn't heard of him last year. How does that change the fact that he has a better resume than Stevenson?

He blasted out Stevenson''s toughest win (Fonfara) in one around when Stevenson was trading knockdowns with an unknown version of the same fighter.

He retired Hopkins who Stevenson ducked hard (the reason Hopkins-Kovalev happened was when Stevenson tried to screw Hopkins over, pulling out of negotiations days before his defense deadline, then a deal was made with Kovalev's people in 2 days).

Is it an ATG resume? No. It's just better than Stevenson's.

Bunch of tumbleweeds rolling across Stevenson's resume but some say if you listen to the wind you can hear the words "he lineal doe".
      Last edited by ////; 02-18-2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        Bhop can fight anywhere he likes, HBO, Showtime. Stevenson had zero excuse not fighting Hopkins.
        dude every since he's been with golden boy he's fought under their banner on the network that golden boy's biggest fighter has...

u can look at him like a god or either start accept that fact i just told u.

bhop rejected a showtime deal. espinoza said he couldnt believe he passed on the deal offered, and michel said bhop is very greedy but the fight was still able to be made...

understand that golden boy has not fought on showtime since that move!

Comment

DeGuardia probably getting 75% of the money anyway with his crooked a$$. DeGuardia probably gotta ask for a ton of money just to get Smith with a $100k purse.

Too many f#cking cats inbetween fighters these days. I'm confident Joe & Adonis would have no problem fighting each other for fair money both ways, but all these chickenhawks in the business ruin things.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            You're right Scipio. They were going to fight at the refurbished Nassau Coliseum in Long Island because of Stevenson's fanbase in and around the New York area. The Hatian pimp can't even get 5K to come see him in Canada, open your Haymon jizz filled eyes.

There's also the fact that last year Joe Smith wiped out Fonfara in 1, the same Fonfara that dropped Stevenson and went 12 with him. Then Smith knocked Hopkins clean out the ring, the same Hopkins that Stevenson ducked.

Now open wide and swallow the load.
            lol. Well, Joe Smith Jr isn't going to fight Adonis Stevenson early 2017.

With the Nassau Coliseum still opening up, let's see how many folks Joe Smith Jr draws to the building for a fight in April, against whomever (since you want to talk about Smith Jr being this massive draw).

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              A-side only matters when you are discussing two stars

or at least, one star

I like Smith, great story, how could you not wish him the best

but yea, what you said ^^

..... so, now Smith is the A-side ? LMAO
              Exactly why Michel walked out the door, locked it and had a smile on his face... Deguardia thought he could bait him... won't happen ...

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Does Joe Smith Jr have enough pull that, for a non-mandated fight, GYM wouldn't be able to pick up fight options on Star Boxing's fighter?

Smith's story is great, but it's still the fight business; Alvarez-Bute is for the mandatory position (75/25 on a possible purse bid, one straight-up fight, no owed obligations), so it isn't a good look for DeGuardia to simply call for those terms being the same for Joe Smith Jr.
                The fact is that Stevenson has fought total nobodies since fighting Fonfara, Smith just beat a legend, one that was never stopped in his career...so he can bring the money in.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                  The fact is that Stevenson has fought total nobodies since fighting Fonfara, Smith just beat a legend, one that was never stopped in his career...so he can bring the money in.
                  He's yet to prove it, so to simply gift him and his promoter such terms makes no sense.

Nassau Coliseum is going to be opening, Joe Smith Jr is from Long Island, Marcus Browne is from Staten Island, and both fighters are (or should be) rated as top-15 light heavyweights.

Boom. Joe Smith Jr gets a massive event (and a big payday in his pocket), and he's got a target to point to for talks at a shot at Stevenson.

Comment

It's hard to believe Stevenson's side on this when he has found ways not to fight anyone worth a damn in years. He and his team can say whatever they want, but you're asking me to either believe that every relevant LHW ducks Stevenson, or that Stevenson is responsible.

Considering the fights these fighters make besides him and his awful competition, I'll believe Stevenson is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      It's hard to believe Stevenson's side on this when he has found ways not to fight anyone worth a damn in years. He and his team can say whatever they want, but you're asking me to either believe that every relevant LHW ducks Stevenson, or that Stevenson is responsible.

Considering the fights these fighters make besides him and his awful competition, I'll believe Stevenson is the problem.

that is the same logic most fans use when assessing Golovkin

Mr "anyone from 154-168" shat the bed over weight when it came to making fights with Ward, Cotto, AND Canelo

easy to see who the common-denominator is

this issue is obviously different

..... unless you really believe that Joe Smith is the A-side to Stevenson?

Comment

Working...
                      X