Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Warns: Golovkin Fighting in June Derails Canelo Bout!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saunders has been keeping GGG's belt hostage for over two years now. nobody acknowledges him as a real champion, GGG is already undisputed in my eyes its just Billy Hoe wont get in the ring.

but now he's acting interested so Loefller should get that fight done asap and forget Canelo. that'll put an end to the belt chasing, help him accomplish his dream of being undisputed and puts him in the history books.

people bring up GGG's age and how he has little time left. that's why he's trying to stay active and I applaud that because after a tough fight like that every other boxer takes a year off.

the goal for 2017 should be getting the last belt and breaking Hopkins record. hopefully a Jacobs rematch for September.

Comment

It's just another face saving move by Oscar. It's just his way of saying "We offered them the fight but instead they opted to fight in June and that just doesn't leave us enough time to properly promote the fight".

De La Hoya is not that clever because boxing fans know what's up. They are waiting for GGG to get even older by fighting him in 2018. They think they are the ones who are holding all the cards but they are wrong; It's Gennady Golovkin.

Remember, he is the undefeated and undisputed Middleweight champion; Saul Alvarez is not. Also, the last I checked, Alvarez isn't getting any younger either. He's already lost before and could lose again. In addition, he won't be able to make the 154lb weight limit forever.

So as long as GGG continue winning he is going to make a lot of money with or without Canelo Alvarez.

Comment

Dictator

Oscar stopping sounding and acting like a dictator. GGG is with K2 Promotions not Golden Boy Promotions. You can't control another fighters career who isn't signed with you.

If your that worried about GGG losing, or not getting medically cleared to fight Canelo in June then put it in the contract stating that if he loses or isn't medically cleared the contract is void and you guys move onto another opponent.

Also you just strengthened K2's side. If I'm them I call Oscar out on the negotiating table. They should now want 35-40 percent of the pie and the fight gets signed and announced directly after the Canelo vs Chavez Jr. fight.

I honestly think what Oscar is really saying he thinks GGG lost versus Jacobs, and he doesn't want another fighter to have the opportunity to be the first to beat GGG. Not to mention this would by far bring in the most money for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I've never been one to take words in boxing very seriously like some do. I think money can change things quick, let's not forget BJS remarks about GGG a couple years back and now it seems he's lined up to fight him in 10 weeks or whatever.

So I think whatever is being said today could be changed on a dime and I also believe that there could be things said today that are more for effect, spin or to angle yourself into a better situation that have lil or no truth to them.
          In that same interview BJS was absolutely honest about why he's changed his tune about not having a chance of beating GGG.

He said it's partly because he himself is at his peak now, stronger than he was 2 years ago, but mainly because Golovkin is past his peak, and declining as a fighter. He said he always had a plan in his head that if GGG was still champion when he hit 35, then he would fight him.

With regard to Canelo .. actions speak louder than words. Canelo is BJS' mandatory challenger, but he isn't doing anything about making the fight. The reason for that, I'm sure, is the money. Another thing BJS said .. Golovkin made him a financial offer he was happy with. Canelo didn't.

Something else to take into account .. styles make fights. BJS looked like **** in his last fight, but he will be 100% fitter now he's with Adam Booth. And a fit BJS has the style to make things very difficult for Canelo. He's a big MW, has a good chin, good jab, and BJS can move. No way would he stand in front of Canelo trading like Liam Smith did. One thing Canelo doesn't handle well is movement.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            In that same interview BJS was absolutely honest about why he's changed his tune about not having a chance of beating GGG.

He said it's partly because he himself is at his peak now, stronger than he was 2 years ago, but mainly because Golovkin is past his peak, and declining as a fighter. He said he always had a plan in his head that if GGG was still champion when he hit 35, then he would fight him.

With regard to Canelo .. actions speak louder than words. Canelo is BJS' mandatory challenger, but he isn't doing anything about making the fight. The reason for that, I'm sure, is the money. Another thing BJS said .. Golovkin made him a financial offer he was happy with. Canelo didn't.

Something else to take into account .. styles make fights. BJS looked like **** in his last fight, but he will be 100% fitter now he's with Adam Booth. And a fit BJS has the style to make things very difficult for Canelo. He's a big MW, has a good chin, good jab, and BJS can move. No way would he stand in front of Canelo trading like Liam Smith did. One thing Canelo doesn't handle well is movement.
            Sure, but if GGG opts out of the June fight with BJS I think BJS will be looking at other offers & Canelo will likely be his best option. And if Oscar is Charlie Browning Tom & GGG again that could be the move for them to take to get a title & spin control this GGG situation into 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by whatismyname View Post
              At mw BJS > Canelo in terms of cred
              ???? Saunders just weighed over 200lbs and almost lost to a guy NO one has ever heard of. In fact I feel bad for that nobody because he got robbed. Don't be stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Sure, but if GGG opts out of the June fight with BJS I think BJS will be looking at other offers & Canelo will likely be his best option. And if Oscar is Charlie Browning Tom & GGG again that could be the move for them to take to get a title & spin control this GGG situation into 2018.
                That makes sense and is what I would do. Canelo wants...NEEDS that belt.

Comment

WOuld you bet money on Saunders??? Because I wouldn't! Tru on Canelo not handling movemnt that good but Lara is 1000x more slick and technical than Saunders. They probably will fight. I'll keep you in mind when they do fight. Well see if your all talk or a man of action like me. They fight you gonna be my new 401K plan bestie. I got Canelo for any amount

Comment

More excuses from the coke whore. May isn't too close for a September fight but June is? This fight doesn't need extra promotion, golden boy has been sitting on this fight for 2 yrs.

Comment

BJS slammed Canelo in a recent interview. He said Warren had been talking to Oscar and it was clear they didn't want to fight him.
                      ???? Your dumb. So Canelo who is fighting Chavez who TKO'd Andy Lee in 7 rounds??? Who went life and DEATH with to a MD loss with Saunders. But Canelo is afraid of colonol saunders???

You ever heard of Artur Akavov??? NO??? ME EITHER!!!! And that's the guy who was ROBBED against Saunders. Saunders is a Liam Smith clone 2.0. Even 4' 8" Nutsidze would beat him.

Comment

Working...
                      X