Collapse
No announcement yet.

Povetkin is better than Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh, I'm not so sure to Povetkin is better. He has accomplished more for sure but thats a pick em fight head to head. I wasn't aware until recently that Ortiz almost didn't get medical clearance to fight Wilder because of his blood pressure. That's a pretty major thing for a world class fighter to be dealing with. Povetkin would bring the heat early we know that and regardless what any of you think he can punch. It would come down to who had the most left in the second half of the fight. I'd like to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Also, Joshua beat Povetkin better than Wilder beat Ortiz.

when I read this I was like

and then I saw who posted and I was like oh ok now it makes sense

Comment

but for real if you wanna do the he beat him better than the other guy nonsense......

Ortiz squashed tony thompson... same tony thompson who destroyed price TWICE and the same Price who wobbled PEDvetkin and made povetkin struggle a bit

and he beat jennings faster than Wlad did, who wlad went 12 full rounds, struggled a bit for some reason, same wlad who dropped AJ

thats according to your frame of mind

cuz real boxing fans know triangle theories dont work in boxing

Comment

I think prime Povetkin was better than Ortiz but taking into account both fights for both guys this year, I think right now Ortiz is better. They are about the same age but I think Povetkin is showing it more. It is my honest opinion that they are close in skill but Ortiz has more power and a better chin.

I think three or four years ago, Povetkin doesn't take that knockdown against Price and I think he takes Joshua the distance, though likely still loses. He got off the mat four times against Wlad in his prime.

But I thought Ortiz looked as good as he ever has against Wilder and he walked right through Cojanu, as he should, but remember Cojanu took Joe Parker the distance in his previous fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Just want to clarify one thing for all Wilder fangirls.

Povetkin is better than Ortiz. He was a better amateur, he was a better pro.

His resume craps ALL OVER Ortiz's average resume, as does his skills.

It's so cringe to see Wilder's fans try to keep pushing a 45 year old man to the high heavens when he hasn't done anything in the game.

Also, Joshua beat Povetkin better than Wilder beat Ortiz.

All facts tbh- I'm American too

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              I'm not talking about Chisora and what he's done. I'm taking about Povetkin.

Ortiz fought the way he always fights against Wilder. I think it's pretty clear he's not a fighter that's going to get taken out early easily. Certainly not by Povetkin who's career shows nothing to suggest that. Far lesser fighters than Ortiz have gone the distance with him.
              I countered the example you gave to show it's clearly not that simple. If you can't understand that there's nothing more to say

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                I countered the example you gave to show it's clearly not that simple. If you can't understand that there's nothing more to say
                You have me an example of what another fighter did. Not Povetkin. It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  You have me an example of what another fighter did. Not Povetkin. It's that simple.
                  And ur original example is what another fighter did...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    at one point he was, i would say, a better fighter. he's got a better resume. but povetkin had taken a lot of punishment. age aside, as i think ortiz is older than he says and surely older than povetkin, there's a lot to be said about milage at HW. you take a ton of punishment in that division. povetkin took a hellish beating against klitschko, and he'd been a top contender at the weight for a long time and fought a lot of bigger guys.

when you add all of this stuff together with the size and style difference, the left handedness [which is becoming more common at HW but rarely are the lefties big punchers] the fact that ortiz was undefeated, i think it's frankly pretty obvious who was a tougher fight. people seem to forget that povetkin gave up 20-30 lbs to a guy who looks like he's carved out of wood. shave some of that flub off of povetkin and you're talking about 30+ lbs of muscle and bone that means a lot!

and ortiz performed better, he had wilder more hurt than povetkin had joshua. as to be expected, he was a fresher fighter and better at the time due to everything i laid out. again, in summary, significantly bigger [bigger than wilder, actually,] left handed, harder puncher, all of these things he has over povetkin.

curiously, why would you rate povetkin higher or think he'd be favored over ortiz or less of a dog than ortiz were he matched with joshua in march instead of wilder?

don't expect any of the brits to respond because i'm teh f#cking best!

Comment

Originally posted by ELHITMAN606 View Post
                      Lol no he's not but nice try what he is though Is a 2 time drug cheat who never deserved to fight for a title again
                      You do know Ortiz failed twice as well don't you?

And he's clearly better than Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                      X