No announcement yet.

This Was A Robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    You could say he got every close decision, but you can't say this fight was a robbery. In no way shape or form was this a robbery.
    You know, the first Ward/Kov fight. I've scored it for Kovalev, but I could see the way Ward won it, so I had no problem with people who scored it for Ward. It was a close fight that could go either way, yeah.

But when you have a fighter with his entire resume based on close fights that was scored in his favor every single time. I would understand if it happened once, even twice, but when it happens that often to the point when we all know he's never gonna lose a fight that even a little bit competitive....Now that's a problem. But what I'm talking about if even Mayweather couldn't get UD

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      No way you can call that a robbery. Very close fight with some close rounds. People are way too hyperbolic.
      GGG landed more punches and completely outboxed Canelo. It should've been 7-5 or 8-4 for GGG

Comment

Jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaj!!! F**k Borat and all of his 97K fans!!!

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
          What a coincidence that Canelo had so many close fights but they were all scored in his favor
          What a coincidence that Lara has a scorecard of 118-110 Canelo, GGG has a scorecard of 118-110 to Canelo and Floyd got a scorecard of 114-114 where he 12-0'd him but still people can't accept that Canelo's career is littered with robberies.

Comment

You know, the first Ward/Kov fight. I've scored it for Kovalev, but I could see the way Ward won it, so I had no problem with people who scored it for Ward. It was a close fight that could go either way, yeah.

But when you have a fighter with his entire resume based on close fights that was scored in his favor every single time. I would understand if it happened once, even twice, but when it happens that often to the point when we all know he's never gonna lose a fight that even a little bit competitive....Now that's a problem. But what I'm talking about if even Mayweather couldn't get UD
            Obviously the Mayweather draw scorecard was terrible, but Canelo had a case for every decision he got in every other fight. You could feel like Lara won, but Canelo certainly had a case. You could make a case Golovkin won the first fight, but Canelo certainly had a case for the draw. You could make a case Golovkin won the rematch, but Canelo certainly had a case.

Being frustrated he gets all the close decisions is valid. But you still can't call this fight a robbery, because it simply wasn't one.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Obviously the Mayweather draw scorecard was terrible, but Canelo had a case for every decision he got in every other fight. You could feel like Lara won, but Canelo certainly had a case. You could make a case Golovkin won the first fight, but Canelo certainly had a case for the draw. You could make a case Golovkin won the rematch, but Canelo certainly had a case.

Being frustrated he gets all the close decisions is valid. But you still can't call this fight a robbery, because it simply wasn't one.
              I didn't call this fight a robbery, just GBP being GBP. We will see more of that in the future

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                What a coincidence that Lara has a scorecard of 118-110 Canelo, GGG has a scorecard of 118-110 to Canelo and Floyd got a scorecard of 114-114 where he 12-0'd him but still people can't accept that Canelo's career is littered with robberies.
                His entire career is based on close fights that were scored for him

Comment

Close........But GGG edged it out. Why would he fight Alvarez in Las Vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
                    Close fights aren't robberies!!! That was an extremely close fight with a few rounds very close and tough to score.

If GGG had won 115-113 on 2 cards, not a robbery either.

Why can't people just enjoy a phenomenal fight? That was a classic between 2 great fighters, anyone who thinks robbery is a fanboy or doesn't know boxing.
                    Exactly. For some strange reason, a ton of "fans" can't see things the other way. If it isn't scored exactly the way I want/scored it, it's a robbery. That's lame.

Comment

I didn't call this fight a robbery, just GBP being GBP. We will see more of that in the future
                      This to me has nothing to do with GBP being GBP. Just a close fight with good scorecards. No crazy scorecard just one hell of a fight where both fighters brought it. No shame at all in losing a close fight for Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X