No announcement yet.

This Was A Robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Every close fight is considered a robbery?
    What a coincidence that Canelo had so many close fights but they were all scored in his favor

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
      What a coincidence that Canelo had so many close fights but they were all scored in his favor
      You could say he got every close decision, but you can't say this fight was a robbery. In no way shape or form was this a robbery.

A lot of people that watch the HBO broadcast get manipulated with Lederman's stupid scoring. He has it one way and people think that's how the fight is going. I can't believe some of the rounds he was giving Golovkin....And even the other way when he was giving Canelo clear Golovkin rounds.

This fight was 7-5 either guy or 6-6. That's it. I personally had Canelo winning, but I also had him having a solid lead heading into the last four rounds.

Comment

This is just boxing.

People don't think rigged officiating/judging is still commonplace? Watch Maurice Hooker vs Darleys Perez. The goofy punching bag who landed maybe 3 punches got a split draw from the judges.

Roc Nation intended it to be a showcas/breakthrough fight for their prospect Hooker & when he was totally dominated to a chorus of laughter some "strange guy" was seen talking to the judges. Boom, split draw.

When you look at the lower profile fights it gets extremely obvious. For something like this it's not as obvious. Canelo had to stay in it and look alive, but if he did his part, as usual, he gets a very favorable/objectionable decision.

Comment

It absolutely wasn't a robbery. What the hell is wrong with boxing fans? Every close fight is considered a robbery? GGG closed strong, but Canelo was landing the better shots up until the last few rounds. GGG had a nice rally but fell a bit short. No shame in that.
          I just don't understand it either. Guys need to stop scoring fights by what the punchstats say, stop scoring fights by what the announcers say, stop scoring fights by what the unofficial judges say, stop scoring fights by who you put money on or who you want to win and just watch the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
            Close fights aren't robberies!!! That was an extremely close fight with a few rounds very close and tough to score.

If GGG had won 115-113 on 2 cards, not a robbery either.

Why can't people just enjoy a phenomenal fight? That was a classic between 2 great fighters, anyone who thinks robbery is a fanboy or doesn't know boxing.
            its a robbery imo, it was close-ish but 7 rounds to canelo? really how is that possible.

Comment

No way you can call that a robbery. Very close fight with some close rounds. People are way too hyperbolic.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloPuncher1 View Post
                I just don't understand it either. Guys need to stop scoring fights by what the punchstats say, stop scoring fights by what the announcers say, stop scoring fights by what the unofficial judges say, stop scoring fights by who you put money on or who you want to win and just watch the fight.
                Right, I mean for majority of the fight it was Canelo landing the better shots. His body work was awesome but seems like folks just completely ignore it. GGG was throwing more punches and out jabbing Canelo which was keeping him in the game and then finished strong. But a lot of the middle rounds it was Canelo. Kind of the opposite of the last game.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  its a robbery imo, it was close-ish but 7 rounds to canelo? really how is that possible.
                  It's not only possible, it's what happened. I scored it even or 7-5 GGG, not sure which, but there were easily 3 tossup rounds in there.

Comment

It was a close fight but I did score it for GGG. The sad thing is that Godenboy and their fighters have far too much clout and judging seems to be influenced as a result.

Comment

You could say he got every close decision, but you can't say this fight was a robbery. In no way shape or form was this a robbery.

A lot of people that watch the HBO broadcast get manipulated with Lederman's stupid scoring. He has it one way and people think that's how the fight is going. I can't believe some of the rounds he was giving Golovkin....And even the other way when he was giving Canelo clear Golovkin rounds.

This fight was 7-5 either guy or 6-6. That's it. I personally had Canelo winning, but I also had him having a solid lead heading into the last four rounds.
                      QFT!!!

I had it 115-113 GGG or 114-114. 115-113 Canelo is literally a few seconds of a couple rounds I might have missed something away from being my score card.

I will watch the fight again, but even though I may have scored it slightly different, Canelo deserves a win.

Comment

Working...
                      X