Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a P4P entrant who has fought the worst opposition for 4 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    p4p is based on talent and skill levels!

When you evaluate the p4p fighter it means can his 112 pound skill level be successful if he weighed in at 175?
    It has nothing to do with opponents!!!
    People on this forum think it does because they newver take the time to learn the techniques involved with being a good to great fighyter. They don't understand Methodology and that a pressure fighter will get hit more often! It doesn't mean he's a lesser fighter it means he's forcing the action in the punching zone to get his power shots in!

Funny how the terminology and evaluation in boxing has been watered down to apply the "hype job" on the fans who know far less these days than the older fans. Yes that's right the fans who actually attended boxing shows on a regular basis knew a lot more than the ppv watchers of today.

You only need one p4p king, it doesn't matter what they weigh it's all about skills and heart!

Right now Chocolatito rules the p4p for me! He has a tight and quick boxing form, he comes to land power and counters off his defensive motions.
    I like Crawford too, GGG & koval are ok but they both lack style and I'm not sure about their over all toughness.

Ray
    In theory pound for pound is about talent and skill levels. In reality, you can't really make conclusions about how skilled or talented a fighter is without them fighting the best fighters. Of course, Ward has proved his skills in the past but given the absolute dross he's been fighting of late, we don't know if he's got significantly or not. Given that, it'd be fair to drop him quite a lot of places until he proves himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
      Anyone been P4P top 5 with a worse resume than Golovkin?
      Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      Ward shouldn't be P4P until after the kovo fight if he wins
      GGG shouldn't be P4P at all and I love GGG
      P4P should be based on current wins not what you did before an injury and promotional issues or what you haven't even done
      Look, I can understand GGG not being on someones p4p top 10 but they would then have to provide 10 better alternatives. I don't think anyone can. Can you?

Remember, resume isn't the only clause when we're talking about p4p, but also the performance GGG has put in. Ward has barely scraped by journeymen or prospects.

Anyway, this isn't Ward v GGG. this is me asking for names that have had worse opponents than ward and still managed to stay p4p. No one has mentioned anyone other than GGG and then back tracked and said that's not what they meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
        The fight will flop. More fans will buy it because of Kovalev than Ward, even though Ward is the American, it will still flop.

Andre Ward is a disaster. Some people here act like he is a godsend but actually 90% of the regular boxing fans hate him.

For obvious reasons, he is a pretender and liar and has the charisma of a rotten corpse. He fights dirty and needs every advantage in every fight. Never travels, never takes risks. I expect him to somehow pull out of the Kovalev fight.
        It's a shame if it does flop. It defines P4P no.1 fighter in the sport in my opinion. If it flops then it's bad for boxing overall.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
          In theory pound for pound is about talent and skill levels. In reality, you can't really make conclusions about how skilled or talented a fighter is without them fighting the best fighters. Of course, Ward has proved his skills in the past but given the absolute dross he's been fighting of late, we don't know if he's got significantly or not. Given that, it'd be fair to drop him quite a lot of places until he proves himself.
          Agreed.

ray was too scared to tag me into his reply though, thought I wouldn't see it.

Has he named a fighter yet?

Comment

Your first mistake is to think I care what you think!
            Yes I'm so scared of you, your frightening hahahaha.....

Who are you elroy's cousin?

"In theory pound for pound is about talent and skill levels. In reality, you can't really make conclusions about how skilled or talented a fighter is without them fighting the best fighters".

You can't thats true but if you study the techniques and understood a fighters methods you could evaluate them and use opponents secondly.

Ray
            Last edited by Ray Corso; 07-01-2016, 07:17 PM.

Comment

OP. You know you don't have to rank him in your P4P list, right?

Comment

He is the best. He should be every Americans golden boy. Cleaned out SMW now he's testing the waters at LHW. Kovalev next, confirmed by Main Events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Your first mistake is to think I care what you think!
                  Yes I'm so scared of you, your frightening hahahaha.....

Who are you elroy's cousin?

"In theory pound for pound is about talent and skill levels. In reality, you can't really make conclusions about how skilled or talented a fighter is without them fighting the best fighters".

You can't thats true but if you study the techniques and understood a fighters methods you could evaluate them and use opponents secondly.

Ray
                  I know you're old so you probably have trouble reading this so I will caps and bold (just for you kiddo):

Has there ever been a fighter who has stayed on a p4p list for 4 years with the level of opposition that Ward has had?

Forget how you define p4p, answer that simple question. It's not difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                    OP. You know you don't have to rank him in your P4P list, right?
                    I don't but there are many that do and none of them have answered a very simple question.

I'm starting to worry about the levels of English comprehension on this forum.

Comment

• So the question has gone unanswered.

Another win for knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                      X