Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I Told Keith Thurman I'll Stop Him Before Sixth Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
    Spence isn't obligated to any network yet won't fight on a much bigger ESPN for a bigger purse. Spence also knows that Crawford is contractually obligated to ESPN.

In the end, no mater what's said, Spence simply doesn't want Crawford. Everything else is chit chat. I won't speculate on why Spence doesn't want to fight Crawford but it's painfully obvious that Spence doesn't want it, not now, seemingly not ever.
    It's painfully obvious that you don't WANT to understand that bob WON'T allow the fight to happen no matter if Errol was to fight on espn. espn is wack anyways, they are bad publicity for some fighters & only praise the hyped ones....like they praised pacquiao & shet on Floyd. They still do it till this very day with joe tessitor, mark kriegel & fat rafael. Teddy even did it in the pacquio/Horn fight. With the way espn do business its better off not doing business with them. You want the fight then tell Bud to leave like MANY fighters have & have had better careers after they left.

Comment

You read right through all the BS talk too. Put 2 X 2 together and Spence is saying he's not fighting Crawford.
      Nah, Errol told you straight up. top rank/bob arum are smoke & mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
        That was in 2013 & Errol won.
        I know

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
          I love Spence but on his day Thurman is also destructive. He packs power in both hands and 6th round is a bit too optimistic.
          Sixth round is not optimistic at all.

Thurman is VERY weak to the body and Spence is a DESTRUCTIVE body puncher.

In other words, Thurman's main weakness is Spence's main weapon.

He can most certainly get stopped that early.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post

Four words for you.

Luis Collazo body shot.

Comment

Keith Thuman moves well and hits hard from all angles, he's no cherry.

When I think about it, Spence was behind when he fought Brook and Keith is better than Kell Brook. If Spence can't stop Keith there is a very good chance he'll lose on points.

Frankly, even if they do fight it won't be until the end of 2019, beginning of 2020. By then Spence will be a draw enough to warrant a money fight but may also need shrink wrap to make 147. We could be looking at Tito vs Oscar II
              I'm pretty sure Brook was considered the best welterweight before moving up to face GGG.

I'm also pretty sure that there is absolutely no proof that Thurman is better than Brook.

Their one mutual opponent is Shawn Porter and Brook had far less trouble than Thurman did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                Sixth round is not optimistic at all.

Thurman is VERY weak to the body and Spence is a DESTRUCTIVE body puncher.

In other words, Thurman's main weakness is Spence's main weapon.

He can most certainly get stopped that early.
                There would be a lot of body to go after against Thurman too, being how tall he is. Once Spence gets on the inside, he can rip to Thurmans long body all night and Spence goes to the body better than anyone in the game right now.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  Though I do see holes in Errol's D it still would be tough. Now saying things like, "Bud schools Errol" is looking like brave talk cuz they KNOW bob won't make the fight so they have no care saying things like that.
                  Spence's defense is much better than people give him credit for. He has subtle D. He's not real flashy with head movement and making opponents miss like crazy. He's very good at catching shots and he moves just enough to avoid punches. He covers up very well, has a right guard, and he has good balance, so when he does get caught, it doesn't effect him much. His feet are always underneath him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                    Four words for you.

Luis Collazo body shot.
                    ...And?

Never said Keith hasn't been hurt before, although I'm not 100% sure in what fight was he ever knocked down, like Mauro Rallano claimed while he was fighting Danny Garcia

Comment

I always thought keith didnt get love as much because he is an educated man who dont see any need trying to act like a gang member or getting drunk and drugged up and behaving like a loud annoying moron. But thats just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X