No announcement yet.

Nostalgia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    I was worried the same, also Great John L he stopped posting aburptly.
    Didn't I just see him posting the other day? Maybe I saw his name had been in here or maybe I was going through some old posts, not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Kid McCoy pops in every now and again to take Sonnyboy to task on some aspect of boxing history. Now that Sonny is gone though Kid may have lost his favorite kickball!
      What ever happened to him Jab? Did you ban him or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post
        What ever happened to him Jab? Did you ban him or something?
        Unless he's posting under a new alt Im unaware of than he is finished here. It was bad enough having to listen to him taunt and insult on here, but he was also doing it through PM's. He's not very good with differing opinions or being proven wrong. All anyone has to do is find some of his old debates with myself, Scott, Joseph, Mickey, Kid McCoy, TheGreatA and others for proof. He's not making friends at his new forum either.

Comment

Shout out to jabsrstiff. I rarely see him post but is one of the most knowledgeable guys I know. And great insight into matchups. I joined this site years ago but didn't begin posting until much much later so I'm not familiar with the names the TS is mentioning but other knowledgeable posters I had a few good scraps with (that I don't see post as much) were The Great A and Clegg. Two guys who really stood out and had a wealth of knowledge.

Comment

Amen. Jab is one of the names i missed out on. all the other names you guys mentioned, quite frankly - i dont know them.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Unless he's posting under a new alt Im unaware of than he is finished here. It was bad enough having to listen to him taunt and insult on here, but he was also doing it through PM's. He's not very good with differing opinions or being proven wrong. All anyone has to do is find some of his old debates with myself, Scott, Joseph, Mickey, Kid McCoy, TheGreatA and others for proof. He's not making friends at his new forum either.
              I didn't always agree with Sonnyboy but I will admit I liked having him on here because he often clashed with what everyone else would conclude. It's nice to have someone to be the devil's advocate and stir up some good discussions.

Comment

i think JAB and poet are probably the last two oldskool greats remaining that still contributes regularly in this section...

i hav not seen their fellow greats like wmute, bennyST and mickey malone post in this section for a loooong time...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                  i think JAB and poet are probably the last two oldskool greats remaining that still contributes regularly in this section...

i hav not seen their fellow greats like wmute, bennyST and mickey malone post in this section for a loooong time...
                  Mickey still pops in occasionally, BennyST always arrives unexpectedly with a huge humorous but, immensely insightful essay.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post

Benny was in the Lionel Rose thread a few days ago.

Comment

Jab5239
                      Barnburner
                      Poet
                      NChristo
                      Natedatpkid (interesting, often entertaining posts, he's also great in the MMA section IMO)

Comment

Working...
                      X