Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jack: I Wasn't Hitting Stevenson Low; He Had His Cup Really High

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were a few low blows, but there was an awful,lot of hugging on stevenson’s Part, and the ref was an azz clown. Where is mills lane when we need him.

He made dudes fight it out. I’m glad jupack hit the ref in the face.

Comment

I saw one that was definitely low.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
        Better question, why wasn’t Adonis warned for excessive holding?
        Probably because Jack's "inside work" was him trying to lean on Stevenson. I'm all for letting guys fight it out but Jack was being terribly ineffective inside. He wasn't even working his way in so much as just throwing his body at Adonis. What is a guy supposed to do in that scenario? I'm actually surprised that Jack didn't get headlocked more often. He was practically begging for it.

Shame Jack didn't put together an effective body attack. I really think that would have been the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          The ref was terrible. He was on Jack over every body punch but let Stevenson clinch whenever. He was also terrible about breaking up inside fighting, which sucks since that's where the best parts of the fight took place.

I'm not saying Jack threw no low blows, but the ref was way overboard and looked biased.
          The ref didn't say anything about Stevenson's low blows and holding. Also Stevenson hit Jack behind the head when they were tied up in sometime in the early/ middle rounds.

Comment

I definitely thought he was straying low.

Comment

He was hitting on the belt line and hit way low on a few. Didn't help he would dip low when landing his body shots. Jack game plan didn't make sense. I thought he was too close to Stevenson in the middle rounds. He was taking some hard body shots and it kept Stevenson in the fight.

I know Stevenson don't get a lot a love in this site but I've been saying he's better than a lot of people give him credit. Especially the way he came back after being dog tired. With that being said his age is catching up with him. I get the feeling he's not the most dedicated when it comes to his training.

Comment

Stevenson threw low as well but it was Jack who got cautioned. I haven't seen a replay of the shot that allowed Adonis to get a breather but at the time I did not think it was low.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Probably because Jack's "inside work" was him trying to lean on Stevenson. I'm all for letting guys fight it out but Jack was being terribly ineffective inside. He wasn't even working his way in so much as just throwing his body at Adonis. What is a guy supposed to do in that scenario? I'm actually surprised that Jack didn't get headlocked more often. He was practically begging for it.

Shame Jack didn't put together an effective body attack. I really think that would have been the difference.
                  I think it was a little bit of both, jack being ineffective and Adonis being uncomfortable fighting on the inside. It seem to me that whenever Adonis was getting tagged he was also looking to tie jack up. I understand if a fighter is hurt tie your opponent up but I don’t know man, Adonis seemed to try and hold almost every chance he got.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                    I definitely thought he was straying low.
                    Same here,....I thought he was doing it purposely in some sort of retaliatory manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      I saw one that was definitely low.
                      The first obvious one was a straight right hand, right in Adonis's cup. Later on there were also some uppercut style shots to Adonis's cup. He then started to gas. Adonis was getting tired for sure, but those low blows take stamina away exponentially.

Comment

Working...
                      X