Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anthony Joshua gonna be a favorite going into the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Anthony Joshua gonna be a favorite going into the rematch?

The title says it, are people going to look at the loss as a fluke win for Joshua or are they thinking that this is Joshuas kryptonite.

And I'm interested to see how Joshua would look like in the rematch. If Joshua beats Andy Ruiz in the rematch and looks spectacular, he'll be the most experienced out of the players in the H.W division for having the first loss and going back and avenging the loss, no longer having the burden of keeping that "0"

He opened up as a favorite

Comment

He is already 3-1 on; I think it was 12-1 before first fight so much closer though

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        He opened up as a favorite
        Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
        He is already 3-1 on; I think it was 12-1 before first fight so much closer though
        This.

I was surprised he opened as such a big favorite after the 1st fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          The title says it, are people going to look at the loss as a fluke win for Joshua or are they thinking that this is Joshuas kryptonite.

And I'm interested to see how Joshua would look like in the rematch. If Joshua beats Andy Ruiz in the rematch and looks spectacular, he'll be the most experienced out of the players in the H.W division for having the first loss and going back and avenging the loss, no longer having the burden of keeping that "0"
          - -Gonna be the fav and been the most credentialed of the division for a while.

You live on Pluto?

Comment

Joshua is better than Ruiz in everything needed to win this fight except one...mental strength. It will be the ability to absorb the pressure and rise up to the occasion on fight night. He should have won it easy and can win the rematch easy IF he is mentally strong going into the fight.

Comment

It wasn't a lucky punch, he could have dismissed that as a fluke and be the clear favorite again with large odds, it was a beat down on a weak minded individual, I honestly don't see how he can recover from that in a few months.

Comment

I believe he already is. I think he is at least a 3 to 1 favorite to win the rematch according to the Sports book betting.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
                  Joshua is better than Ruiz in everything needed to win this fight except one...mental strength. It will be the ability to absorb the pressure and rise up to the occasion on fight night. He should have won it easy and can win the rematch easy IF he is mentally strong going into the fight.
                  Ruiz has faster hands too which is a big deal because he was able to get in before Joshua could do anything about it.

Comment

He opened as favourite but betting starts to dictate the odds and I think the odds will be almost even by fight night, I think a lot will put money on Ruiz

Comment

Working...
                    X