Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Gives His Take on Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
    I wonder if so many people had something to say about cash grabbing and stuff when The Rumble In The Jungle was staged in Zaire, of all places, to bring money and glory to Mobutu, one of the baddest dictators ever.
    ———-

The baddest dictators were all installed by the US and the UK
    Mobutu, Shah of Iran, Saddam, the Taliban and a lot more.
    The stolen loot always finds its way to be invested in both the US and the UK

Comment

Originally posted by ArturoBalboa View Post
      I understand what you mean with it being hard to turn away from two of the sports greats going head to head but I just can’t get into it.

Either it’s a glorified touch sparring session were no one goes out to hurt one another and the audience feel cheated or they go for it and then I worry about Roy after watching enzo mac nearly behead him.
      No-one should feel cheated in my opinion. They've been fairly clear that it's just an exhibition. I'll pay to watch them go through the motions but I don't expect a classic fight.

If anyone is on their last few dollars and pays for this expecting it to be the fight of the year, then I'd recommend that they don't sign up.

I do go along with Eddie Hearn though in just hoping it's not a 'sad spectacle'.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
        ———-

With Don King always around, to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
          ———-

Not so much the UK, their empire has fallen from decades ago its the Americans who play around with dictators like a child would a doll

Comment

Originally posted by allen23 View Post
            Not so much the UK, their empire has fallen from decades ago its the Americans who play around with dictators like a child would a doll
            ———————

The UK’s messing around with other countries is not as blatant as the US but they still do.
            Africa is a good example.

The UK was also neck-deep in the invasion of Iraq since 2003. You only have to listen to Tony Blair’s speeches, before and after.

Comment

Working...
            X