Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many times have you been married ? How long have you been married ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
    sorry brother everything that man said can be backed up with facts and statistics. there are no benefits for men in marriage. he's speaking for the majority. if you're in a happy place married thats nice but for over 70% of men who do it it was a mistake they will never repeat. watch the whole video AMS is a true alpha. read the comments under the video and see what men who've been married say.
    His first point is totally illogical, it makes no sense. How would a statistic back that up? That is why I asked you if you watched it. What he is saying is that you should not get married because of divorce. Divorce is not a natural consequence of all marriages... It is what happens when a marriage fails.

The benefits only matter if you value things that have monetary value. There are other benefitts, not everything is economic in compensation.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      His first point is totally illogical, it makes no sense. How would a statistic back that up? That is why I asked you if you watched it. What he is saying is that you should not get married because of divorce. Divorce is not a natural consequence of all marriages... It is what happens when a marriage fails.

The benefits only matter if you value things that have monetary value. There are other benefitts, not everything is economic in compensation.
      If I have to give away 50% of my money/stuff if she gets a stick up her ass..... No way, no how. What is the divorce % in America? Too high for an investment from me. ........Rockin'

Comment

You keep saying that... and i so hope you are kidding about the van.

Pretty sure that “living in a van down by the river!” is from an old SNL skit with Chris Farley.

Comment

I love my marriage. And my wife.

Met my wife at 19 - so together 14 years! We married only in summer 2017. Daughter in 2018.

With Billeau all the way here.

By definition of the human condition we grow weaker by the second and we strengthen in other ways through compassion and love and respect of someone who will go into bat for us no matter what.

I do mean that to. If your wife caught you burying a body in the garden at 2 a.m. she should then go and get herself a f.ucking shovel.

I've got no regrets that I didnt get more strange in my teens ffs.

When all is done, as good a measure of a man as any is whether he was well loved and well missed. You don't have to have your own family for this but you do need faith in people.

People are what tether us to the best things in this world with two of the strongest tethers being a wife and kids. And without these these tethers some of us have a tendency to float away without ceremony.

I believe that from people I have known. The funerals I've been to and the things you talk about at the wake. I always think, man. I wish he had a wife, or she was so good with kids. Maybe she didn't have to get married but a kid as a result of a bunk up with any old c.unt would have been perfect. She'd have loved it completely.

My parents were fundamentally unsuited and divorced. That also happens. That should always happen. We can grow old at breakneck speed when unhappy.

But the children they had tethered my parents to this world and the love and memories created will earn them a spot of immortality for as long as they are loved.

Comment

sorry brother everything that man said can be backed up with facts and statistics. there are no benefits for men in marriage. he's speaking for the majority. if you're in a happy place married thats nice but for over 70% of men who do it it was a mistake they will never repeat. watch the whole video AMS is a true alpha. read the comments under the video and see what men who've been married say.
            He says you if you want a family, you don't have to get the state involved, true, but if she does, you will get the state involved.

I know "zero" homies paying alimony, but I got a crazy amount of homies and coworkers paying child support.

So why tell men not to get the state involved for marriage and not warn them about getting the state involved, when it comes to child support, the guy is terrible at giving advice.

If you don't want kids or marriage, go get a vasectomy and the probability of the state not getting involved goes up to 99.99%.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
              Pretty sure that “living in a van down by the river!” is from an old SNL skit with Chris Farley.
              Thanks for clearing that up for me. I truly watch very little television.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                If I have to give away 50% of my money/stuff if she gets a stick up her ass..... No way, no how. What is the divorce % in America? Too high for an investment from me. ........Rockin'
                There is no shame in choosing not to get married. I would never encourage, or discourage, anyone from doing so...I would encourage them to do what they want. I never thought I would be married, and kids? No way.

My point is you do not go into a marraige thinking about a divorce. It would be like Andy Ruiz did the second fight with Anthony... He might have saved us the drama and said "Im not interested in this fight."

If your going to get married, then go in there like a G would for his boys... No "well if I help my boy I might get dropped." If you cannot know that you will fight to the ends of the earth to provide for a family, don't have one right? No shame, but that is part of being a man.

Marriages have problems and if you are not committed, if you marry a bad person, it won't work.

Rockin, why do fighters risk it all in the ring? I am no fighter... But I did it as part of my training... Had to learn what it felt like to get blasted with a kick to the ribs, concussed, and man... the first time getting hit in the nose!! I wanted to run out the ring! And look at what you risked and accomplished compared to someone like me.

You did not do it for the money right? You did not wake up and say (I am assuming here lol) I am doing this to make lots of money. You did it because being a fighter, a professional... It is a legacy, an accomplishment, an honor. A marriage when done right is the same thing. If you and that women really mean it... you create a legacy that will outlive any "crap" like money, cars, houses... Your sons will speak your name with love... because even though you could have made more money, accomplished more for yourself, you made yourself whole and worked on them, your grand kids will ask about you, whether you are here, or not.

People fail at marriage who should not get married. Just like a guy on Youtube who says "oh yeah? I don't care if you are a fighter I am a tough guy and will come to your gym and teach you a lesson." That guy should not be fighting someone who knows what they are doing... In both cases the conclusion is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  I love my marriage. And my wife.

Met my wife at 19 - so together 14 years! We married only in summer 2017. Daughter in 2018.

With Billeau all the way here.

By definition of the human condition we grow weaker by the second and we strengthen in other ways through compassion and love and respect of someone who will go into bat for us no matter what.

I do mean that to. If your wife caught you burying a body in the garden at 2 a.m. she should then go and get herself a f.ucking shovel.

I've got no regrets that I didnt get more strange in my teens ffs.

When all is done, as good a measure of a man as any is whether he was well loved and well missed. You don't have to have your own family for this but you do need faith in people.

People are what tether us to the best things in this world with two of the strongest tethers being a wife and kids. And without these these tethers some of us have a tendency to float away without ceremony.

I believe that from people I have known. The funerals I've been to and the things you talk about at the wake. I always think, man. I wish he had a wife, or she was so good with kids. Maybe she didn't have to get married but a kid as a result of a bunk up with any old c.unt would have been perfect. She'd have loved it completely.

My parents were fundamentally unsuited and divorced. That also happens. That should always happen. We can grow old at breakneck speed when unhappy.

But the children they had tethered my parents to this world and the love and memories created will earn them a spot of immortality for as long as they are loved.
                  I can't give you green K on this one... that line about the body and shovel, wonderful analogy and so true. Great post, truly I am touched...

Comment

One of the biggest con men in the game. Lol

Comment

Did you look at this before posting? the first two points this guy makes? He is an idiot. His logic is, "don't get married because you get the short end of the stick, in a divorce. What the f u c k?

Hey, don't tell your kid you love him because you might have to make him hate you when you punish him... don't do anything in life that might be a risk...

You know this guy is a beta. A real man? takes the responsibility on and is self confident ennough to risk the consequences if they turn out bad... Beta's like this, who usually have nothing much, care about their s h i t, and losing it... S h i t is s h i t, and does not come close to finding a person, taking a chance, and dealing with the consequences.

Im sorry, after that first statement could not even watch the rest. And don't get it twisted.... I have no problem with people who decide not to get married, or have kids, etc, thats not the point here.
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X