No announcement yet.

Led Zeppelin STOLE Stairway to Heaven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
    I saw a video on youtube about Zeppelin's whole first album being basically stolen from multiple songs from a bunch of different old blues musicians. They put the songs together and they really were basically note for note to where it could have easily been plagiarism. For this, the first couple notes of "Taurus" sound like Stariway, but other than that it's not the same.

But speaking of Spirit, their album "The Twelve Dream Of Dr. Sardonicus" was a masterpiece and one of my favorite albums ever.
    dylan's first album had a lot of folk songs on it too. the borrowing/stealing is the reason i find rock and roll snobs who **** on hip hop hypocritical.

Comment

A lot of great artists are thief

Comment

I know how to play stairway so yes the opening riff was similar up to maybe 7-8 notes but the rest of maybe next hundreds or thousands of notes are totally different. Reading this didn't make stairway less great, still one of the best songs ever composed.

Yeah I think Page was influenced by that song taurus when he was writing stairway. Pay randy california's family, led zep is a rich band and can afford to pay.

Comment

Heard about all this about a decade ago.

The intro sounds similar. You are allowed to write songs that sound like other songs. Thats not illegal not is it plagiarism.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
            This is similar to when George Harrison was sued by the writers of
            • "He's So Fine"
            because of a similar chord progression to "My Sweet Lord". Harrison LOST the case.
            great song........

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
              Who's that girl in your avy?
              My avy? One of my many conquests but I don't know her name. Was a one night stand.

Comment

Are you a huge fan of tom hanks?

Comment

Originally posted by - Lefteous - View Post
                  Are you a huge fan of tom hanks?
                  I hate Tom Hanks.....somehow somebody put that ln my profile and I don't know how to change it. I asked for help from our illustrious moderator and he just blew me off .....offered no help at all so I'm stuck with it. Might start a new ID someday.

Comment

The chord progression and melody of He's So Fine and My Sweet Lord were very very similar but what sealed the deal on the lawsuit was the same key change at the same place in the song.

This is a stylistically similar song with a couple of the same notes. Not even remotely the same kind of case.

Musicians, pro, newbie, or legends, often hear songs and go "Oh! I'll have one of those." and write their own song with that one in mind. When you're starting out, its really the only way you write.

Comment

Originally posted by - Lefteous - View Post
                      A lot of great artists are thief
                      do you masturbate with your left hand?

Comment

Working...
                      X