Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Linares: Lomachenko is Fast - But He Does Not Have My Punch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
    Mikey will fight Loma only for big money. He is now even considering to move up to 147 so he wants none of Loma.Every time when Loma moves up to another division then Mikey does it too.
    Mikey has no business at 147. Spence would murder him lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy3008 View Post
      Let's hope Linares doesn't quit...
      I'm guessing Linares will cut up and the corner/doctor will pull him so he doesn't have to. Once Loma goes up the gears he's going to start connecting a lot and Linares has showed before he can start to cut up if he gets hit a lot (demarco), and demarco hits no harder than Loma.

Demarco was back in 2011, and while Linares has improved by then, the facial tissue doesn't toughen up over time, and Loma will connect more than demarco did.

And Linares hardly has goodnight power in his punches, and that's if he lands flush, its unlikely he'll land anything flush on Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
        will Loma get any credit for beating this guy, surely not a lot, i'm pretty sure they'll push'em to fight Garcia next at 140, same shet they were doing to Pac, fighetrs from overseas are not treated the same as amerobums, different standarts, Lipinets on his 1st defence of his title fighting against a 3 weight champ, Loma has to challenge himself each time he's fighting and now look at your "p4p" amerobum like Ward, where is he, washing his pants?
        You are calling Andre Ward, the same guy who is an undefeated former olympic gold medalist, undefeated since age 13, who won the super 6 tournament , moved up and fought the boogeyman in Sergei Kovalev twice and beat him....an Amerobum??? Are u serious?

Comment

Linares has lost badly with second raters such as Salgado, Thompson and DeMarco... he doesn't stand a chance against Lomachenko.

Comment

Linares is the best fight Lomachenko can have at 135 aside from Mikey

Comment

Linares' record isn't all that great when you look at it... He has skills but is overrated. Loma by humiliation.

Comment

I will spot Linares the power. He has nice pop and can crack. Lomachenko is "accumulative" damage if you will. He gets opponents to quit/get KO'd by flurries of punches that add up. So, why not? Let's lean Linares in overall power for the heck of it.

It also does zero good if it does not connect.

Lomachenko is just unreal in his body control, balance, and reactions in the ring. Once he figures out what you are doing, he just turns his volume up to 11 and puts the needle in the red. How does Linares respond? Can he control distance and ring position to keep Lomachenko from doing the same?

Nah. Lomachenko by late round stoppage or near total shut-out decision.

Comment

This could be another "no mas" fight.
                  Nothing special about this Linares guy who was made famous by that Mickey mouse guy who has penchant for wanting to fight nobodies.
                  He couldn't even stop Gesta.

Comment

I thought Linares made some great points about the 3 ranges of distance: long, midrange, and short.

And how Lomachenko (like most Euro fighters) doesn't like short range while Linares himself doesn't want to be in midrange, preferring to use his reach advantage.

Good little boxing lesson for today. It will be interesting to see how these strategies play out on fight night.

Comment

I’m more excited about this fight than Canelo vs GGG. If Loma wins he is clearly the best boxer in the world. Hoping for Loma vs Mikey for September for Mexican independence weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X