No announcement yet.

If there really is a God....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
    Some people say that religious texts are not to be taken literally. Others say that they are to be taken literally.

Those texts themselves tend to imply that they are to be taken literally. For the vast majority of human history, they have been taken absolutely literally - and it is only since the onset of the Enlightenment that the notion of them being more metaphorical has become widespread.
    If people take texts, religious texts literally, the, I believe they need to contextualize them back to the time they were written. I am Jewish, and I actually believe GOD created everything and stretched out the cosmos like a fabric. We now call this fabric space time.

Unlike radical Muslims, who will force you to accept Allah or die, my religious beliefs are very different. I’m not going to tell you how to live your life, nor am I going to judge you, cut your head off, or any other kind of crazy.

I sometimes feel I get painted with a broad brush, religious fanatic. I’m not a holier than any other man... I just hope if another holocaust comes, guys like you step up and stop it!

Comment

Originally posted by Crying Brandon View Post
      That isn't required, GOD himself doesn't eat so people up there won't either.

As for rivalries y'all would be apart from one another basically.

Guns wouldn't be required in Heaven since it's the safest place, daily routine would be like right now minus the quarantine. Nature sightings most likely yo

MMA could b allowed if you're just killing time & not trynna handicap someone, smoking weed sure.
      Okay. And what’s the purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        If people take texts, religious texts literally, the, I believe they need to contextualize them back to the time they were written. I am Jewish, and I actually believe GOD created everything and stretched out the cosmos like a fabric. We now call this fabric space time.

Unlike radical Muslims, who will force you to accept Allah or die, my religious beliefs are very different. I’m not going to tell you how to live your life, nor am I going to judge you, cut your head off, or any other kind of crazy.

I sometimes feel I get painted with a broad brush, religious fanatic. I’m not a holier than any other man... I just hope if another holocaust comes, guys like you step up and stop it!
        One of the things I like about the Jews is that they aren't running around trying to convert people - or forcing them to convert at the point of a sword.

Christianity did that, and so did Islam (and both still do to some degree). Which is why there are now around 200 christians and 160 muslims for every jewish person.

They spread, not through the quality of their arguments, but by the quantity of their violence.

I think all abrahamic religions are clearly false. Yet credit where credit is due. The Jews have a history of being capable warriors, but have little desire for domination.

Comment

One of the things I like about the Jews is that they aren't running around trying to convert people - or forcing them to convert at the point of a sword.

Christianity did that, and so did Islam (and both still do to some degree). Which is why there are now around 200 christians and 160 muslims for every jewish person.

They spread, not through the quality of their arguments, but by the quantity of their violence.

I think all abrahamic religions are clearly false. Yet credit where credit is due. The Jews have a history of being capable warriors, but have little desire for domination.
          I'm not religious but fashionable historical illiteracy bothers me. Christianity barely spread "by the sword". It's something in punk-rock lyrics & thrown around by elementary teachers but has no basis in reality. Islam did to a greater degree but then then we are talking about a small percentage of historical growth taking place via forced conversion. Both spread overwhelmingly via trade, governance & fertility gaps.

Also; your argument about Judaism is inconsistent with your overall beliefs. Judaism is an ethnoreligion with ancestral qualifiers for membership.

There are sects of Christianity like that & you refer to them as "white supremacists" (with no consideration for whether they desire supremacy or isolation).

The truth is that you know which group will counterattack you and get you banned/fired and which group will do nothing. It's human nature to sense weakness and poke at it.

... And THAT is the primary flaw of Christianity.

It's always been a weak passive religion due to its extreme universalist platform.
          Its open-door institutions vulnerable to predators.
          Its history vulnerable to unchecked layman revisions.
          Populations whom adopt it vulnerable to replacement by more ethnocentric/aggressive (therefore IMO superior) ideologies.
          Last edited by ////; 04-01-2020, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Respect to you my bro! I don’t bother anyone with my deeply held beliefs. I’m not calling anyone evil, or Satan, not for me to judge.

Really odd Jewish practices .. my favorite one

I think this is an adaptation, or misinterpretation of the creators words. I always leave an empty seat at my table in japan and the USA. Jews are weird, I don’t really know why I continue a tradition that on its surface is meaningless, it’s what I was taught. Leave an empty spot at the table and whoever GOD forbid rings my door bell ... will break bread and get sent away with food and probably a weird feeling.

Were they really waiting for me and force fed me good food... that empty seat. Is open to anyone.

Thank you

You realize I have no desire to kill or die for Mohammed’s GOD.

Most Muslims can’t even speak a lick of Arabic.

I can see your side of the equation .... idiots who were born into Islam or Christianity, both convinced they know the real “real” real GOD .. so much so that the violate commandments.

Respect loma

Comment

Originally posted by larryx... View Post
              How do we know what purpose the other planets serves, served or will serve?? maybe life was their and died..maybe the planets are still evolving..maybe life does live there and we dont know about it
              Big dawg, brother Larry, you pin pointed questions I ask guys who have phds and my buddy ghost wrote their thesis.

Now, these sane fake Kobe it all guys are on CNN, reading a script....

Stay strong brother Larry, bring your sons . I think it’s called cross pollination, I can’t let lil pokey *****32 go.

Bro, a ***** is lower than trailer trash white peoples

I come from my nobodies .
              In a year my dads life earnings.

Money is only needed by greedy people

Comment

Originally posted by Ubeja Vontell View Post
                ......why goes He let all these tragedies occur? He doesn't care how many of his "children" die? What does He actually do? Hell, He can't even stop a flood, a fire, a hurricaine, so what can He do?

God, come on man, are You going to once again just sit on Your ass and not do a damn thing? DO SOMETHING,,,,God, who treats their children this way? You don't do anything to help and then You wonder why so many think You are a fake, a phoney, there is no God because of times like these.

Get off Your ass and do something God, why save all those miracles for way back in the day.let's see a few right now. Just wave Your hand God make this **** stop, You can do it.

My Wife loves You God, this is her favorite song. In her eyes You can do no wrong. In my eyes You are a waste of time.

If I did meet you God, I'd have to ask.....why didn't You do more?

This...I ain't going to do **** but if you don't believe in Me you ill burn in Hell for all eternity,what kind of BS is that God? DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!
                Okay, here's the deal. You're never gonna get a straight answer from religious people. It's like trying to argue politics. You almost never hear someone admit they're wrong or say something like "you know what, you have a point." They'll just continue to believe what they want. Like trying to argue with the government or a corporation. When things go well, they'll give their God credit and when they don't they'll say something like it's his will or he moves in mysterious ways or make up some other excuse. They'll give him plenty of credit, but none of the blame. All for the hope that things might improve in the afterlife. Well maybe if life were made better in life, it would be easier to believe. But there's nobody but us to do anything, because it's all a load of crap they tell us as kids to scare us into doing the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx... View Post
                  How do we know what purpose the other planets serves, served or will serve?? maybe life was their and died..maybe the planets are still evolving..maybe life does live there and we dont know about it
                  Maybe they are the result of random chance and serve no purpose.

It's estimated there's 14,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets out there for every human that ever lived.

Comment

Originally posted by Crying Brandon View Post
                    You posted about this 2 times LMAO such a sad life yo @ least talk about women,damn future pedo

No disputes up there, everybody will be perfect moron

Boxing sure if people aren't trying incapacitate one another
                    Why didn't God make Earth that way?

Comment

Originally posted by Ubeja Vontell View Post
                      ......why goes He let all these tragedies occur? He doesn't care how many of his "children" die? What does He actually do? Hell, He can't even stop a flood, a fire, a hurricaine, so what can He do?

God, come on man, are You going to once again just sit on Your ass and not do a damn thing? DO SOMETHING,,,,God, who treats their children this way? You don't do anything to help and then You wonder why so many think You are a fake, a phoney, there is no God because of times like these.

Get off Your ass and do something God, why save all those miracles for way back in the day.let's see a few right now. Just wave Your hand God make this **** stop, You can do it.

My Wife loves You God, this is her favorite song. In her eyes You can do no wrong. In my eyes You are a waste of time.

If I did meet you God, I'd have to ask.....why didn't You do more?

This...I ain't going to do **** but if you don't believe in Me you ill burn in Hell for all eternity,what kind of BS is that God? DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!
                      Did it ever occur to you that you asked the Most High? Lets use the archetype for the Garden of Eden shall we? You are in there with Eve and God says "I got this have fun! everyday get up, explore your garden, fun fun fun..." How long before that "fun" got a bit boring? So you say "Dear Most High... I want to experience adventure, adversity...I want to test my meddle! I want to fight for that which is good against that which is not!"

Put another way: Your father has two cars and he will give you one of them... You are 16, and have a hot girlfriend on your arm... Your dad takes the keys to the two cars and says "I would suggest oh son of mine...This reliable Toyota Camry, for it will never leave you stranded...Of course there is also this Gran Torino with a solid Big Block Eight and dual exhaust... But thats kind of dangerous don't you think?"

Which car do you pick? And what does your father say? Does he say "I know better!" or does he smile wistfully, think to himself how much he truly loves you, how much you are a a man in the making...with a beautiful girlfriend to boot... and realizing he cannot protect you forever, and resisting every impulse to do what he knows is safer and better... does he give you the keys to that Torino and say quietly "be careful."

The Most High, regardless of what you conceive him/her to be...Loves you so much that he actually withdrew protection and let you have the greatest gift of all, self determination, free will, freedom... And it comes with a price! You think it does not make infinite love and consciousness consider when the potential for evil to happen becomes a reality? I mean...if anyone is a father they know the feeling! If anyone has dogs they love, they know the feeling! When we protect to a point where we do not allow freedom and self will to manifest it makes our life easy, but... Its not fair is it?

So when the MOST HIGH gave you those proverbial Keys to the car... he had to accept that you might not come home in one piece, and that is the price one pays for true freedom.

Does this hopefully make a little sense to you? We express it in many ways...Jesus as one who gave his life yes? So... one day Jesus went out in that "Torino" spoke of and... Or when a hero gives his life for a cause, because he/she has been granted the right to do so... Or when we acquire Karma and come back, and have to pay a Karmic debt...perhaps as a 3 year old who suffers a horrible disease, to wipe the slate for the next life...

Comment

Working...
                      X