roy jones
        micky ward
        amir khan
        lennox lewis
        kelly pavlik
        antonio tarver
        andre ward
        Yes to Mosley - Big Time!

Khan is a big no though, i like him but he talks ALOT of *****, and is pretty cocky at times

Pavlik comes across well but i heard he is a bit of a dick. Didnt he just throw his brother threw a glass door in a drunken brawl?

Excellent call on Andre Ward

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          Yah I know, was hesitant to put him in obviously then I took another look at this picture of him with DeJesus in Hospital.

Shows what kind of person Duran really was behind the beast in the ring.

Good call.
          Oh I think Duran is more or less a good guy away from the sport, but he was definitely a disrespectful **** talker as a fighter.

Comment

Frazier was a nice guy. Moore as well. Patterson's nick name was The Gentleman of Boxing, says somethin.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Im not sure Bonavena was a boxing nice guy.

Bonavena ran into trouble outside the ring with remarks such as calling Muhammad Ali a black kangaroo and even a chicken for draft dodging.

In his pre-fight press conference with Frazier he needled effectively by implying Frazier had a personal hygiene problem. He would start sniffing and grimace. Lawsuits were brought about by reporters with broken cameras; and other such "colorful" behavior. He was always volatile trainers soon discovered.

And Buddy MCGirt? He seemed to get along with Whitaker after their 2 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
                Oh I think Duran is more or less a good guy away from the sport, but he was definitely a disrespectful **** talker as a fighter.
                Yeah I was thinking the same thing about Duran. On that Ringside episode on Sugar Ray Leonard, Leonard admitted to fighting Duran all wrong in the first fight, fighting Duran's fight going straight at him, playing into Duran's hands, not listening to his corner and said it was because of all the things said in press conferences leading up to the fight. Didn't Duran call Leonard a woman or wuss? And Leonard also said Duran said some derogatory things about his wife at the time. Good to know Duran's a good guy outside the ring though.

Comment

oscar, JMM, cotto, ward...mayorga haha joking

Comment

I know there have been many nice guys in Boxing, my list of nice guys in Boxing are: Louis, Marciano, Tszyu, Cotto, Mosley, Martinez, Bute, Ward, Tua, Vitali, Wladimir and Pacquiao

Comment

Has anyone mentioned the second coming of George Foreman? He was a real affable chap second time round.

After being pretty obviously robbed in his match with Shannon Briggs, he was nothing but the epitomie of nice in the post fight interview.

Comment

Working...
                      X