Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When's Lomachenko fighting someone worth a damn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
    Who last lost more momentum, Loma or Crawford? Wtf is HBO and Arum doing?
    Craword has won a title in two weights and his resume includes Burns, Gamboa and Beltran. All of them better than anyone Loma has faced thus far. Crawford is being worked perfectly by TR, although his last 2 opponents haven't been all that, they are positioning him for a couple big nights this year.

WIth Loma, it's clear his team don't want a big step too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Holy....

LOL exactly.

Track back to my posts post-Russell and I said that Loma and/or his team were just gonna start milking the title. They realised that against a rugged pro he would not be able to sustain his work rate and ability, not yet anyway. So by making a few cheap headlines with "champion in 5 fights" or whatever it was, they've gone back to building Loma like a fringe contender on his way up.
      Boxing has never been only fights between elites, point out the era his resume is considerably
      worse than anyone elses.

Comment

Originally posted by Gods We Faked View Post
        Boxing has never been only fights between elites, point out the era his resume is considerably
        worse than anyone elses.
        His best win is Russell...do you really need me to point out world champions/title holders who had better resumes? especially at his weight?

Comment

I love watching Loma. I'm eager to see him in with another Salido/Russel Jr type 'name'.

Comment

His options are limited for two reasons.

1.) He's signed with HBO, and the majority of the top 126 lbers are with Haymon.

2.) Arum is refusing to put Oscar Valdez in the ring with him.

We could have Oscar Valdez vs. Lomachenko for April or May. But Arum wants to send Lomachenko up to 130 so he can give his belt to Valdez.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
              Who last lost more momentum, Loma or Crawford? Wtf is HBO and Arum doing?
              Peter nelson is trying to match up Loma and Crawford with tough opposition. Arum is having none of it. Bob already said he won't allow hbo yo play matchmaker

Comment

This is why I opposed him going for titles right off the bat, because he was always going to have to fight less than stellar competition at some point and boxing fans aren't trying to wait for that **** if you have a belt. If you have the title of champ, then they expect you to fight tough fights from then on. Good thing is that there are some sick fights possible fights so hopefully those make up for this slow period for Loma

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  His best win is Russell...do you really need me to point out world champions/title holders who had better resumes? especially at his weight?
                  Point out the ones who didn't also have terrible fighters on their resume. I didn't think you were actually attempting to compare his first 6 fights with their entire body of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Gods We Faked View Post
                    Point out the ones who didn't also have terrible fighters on their resume. I didn't think you were actually attempting to compare his first 6 fights with their entire body of work.
                    What the hell are you on about? You just said, in your initial post that his resume is comparable to anyone of any weight. Don't backtrack now and don't pretend like Loma is a contender or challenger. He is a belt holder and for what he has done with the belt it is ridiculous. He hsould be stepping up.

If he wants to be a 6 or 7 fight novice then he should drop that belt of his (paper anyway).

So I repeat, how many world champions/title holders have their best fight being worse than Salido?

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                      This is why I opposed him going for titles right off the bat, because he was always going to have to fight less than stellar competition at some point and boxing fans aren't trying to wait for that **** if you have a belt. If you have the title of champ, then they expect you to fight tough fights from then on. Good thing is that there are some sick fights possible fights so hopefully those make up for this slow period for Loma
                      There's Selby, Vetyeka, Gradovich, Mares, LSC, all these are fights that can be made and at the very least (low expectations in modern boxing) one should be made this year. No excuses...sadly I haven't seen or heard any appetite from his team for making ant of these fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X