Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When's Lomachenko fighting someone worth a damn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    What the hell are you on about? You just said, in your initial post that his resume is comparable to anyone of any weight. Don't backtrack now and don't pretend like Loma is a contender or challenger. He is a belt holder and for what he has done with the belt it is ridiculous. He hsould be stepping up.

If he wants to be a 6 or 7 fight novice then he should drop that belt of his (paper anyway).

So I repeat, how many world champions/title holders have their best fight being worse than Salido?
    He's had six fights. I would compare it with another fighters six fights, not his 6 vs their 50 that's dumb. Even when there was 1 belt we had bad defenses, he's had the toughest first 6 fights of any current fighter and disregarding the belt his first 6 fights stand up to scrutiny. He's the worst possible fighter to be complaining about as signs of a weak era.
    Last edited by Gods We Faked; 02-19-2016, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gods We Faked View Post
      He's had six fights. I would compare it with another fighters six fights, not his 6 vs their 50 that's dumb. Even when there was 1 belt we had bad defenses, he's had the toughest first 6 fights of any current fighter and disregarding the belt his first 6 fights stand up to scrutiny. He's the worst possible fighter to be complaining about as signs of a weak era.
      Did you see me type that? If you did, quote me.

And again, I ask you, why are you acting like he is a 6 fight novice when he holds a portion of the world championship? You would compare him to a world level fighter and he has had piss poor opposition for a world level fighter. Heck most on here think Loma is a p4p quality fighter, where are his p4p quality opponents?

You can't keep changing the boundaries just because the questions are too difficult.

Comment

Did you see me type that? If you did, quote me.

And again, I ask you, why are you acting like he is a 6 fight novice when he holds a portion of the world championship? You would compare him to a world level fighter and he has had piss poor opposition for a world level fighter. Heck most on here think Loma is a p4p quality fighter, where are his p4p quality opponents?

You can't keep changing the boundaries just because the questions are too difficult.
        He can hold every belt, does that somehow mean he's had more than 6 fights? A portion of the world title means dick. There are 487 title belts today, so possessing one is essentially meaningless. He's had six fights and there is nothing suggesting he doesn't intend to face the best.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
          Bob needs to pay up for a live opponent. Hopefully Walters or I'd like to see Loma split from Top Rank.
          Bob? Didn't HBO turn down Loma vs Walters?

Comment

I'm still waiting lol

Comment

Lomachenko is good. Leave the kid alone.

Comment

I'm still waiting lol
                So martinez was a bad opponent for his first fight at 130? I mean, people would be happy if he fought salido, but not a guy who beat and drew with salido?

Comment

Cosign..........

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Doesn't matter how many fights he's had, he's thought of as one of the best fighters out there now. Don't win a championship if all you want to do is fight stiffs. I swear fans have such low expectations for fighters nowadays. This era is so soft

Comment

when someone worth a damn wants to fight him. I thought he was rematching salido which would be good. Dont make out hes fought bums either cause hes had less than 10 pro fights and hes already smashed gary russell

Comment

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
                      when someone worth a damn wants to fight him. I thought he was rematching salido which would be good. Dont make out hes fought bums either cause hes had less than 10 pro fights and hes already smashed gary russell
                      What's all this rubbish about Russell all of a sudden being a good win? Before the fight Russell was an internet meme when people would post "who's Russell fighting next?" and the reply would be "that great ifghter, think he's called TBA".

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                      So martinez was a bad opponent for his first fight at 130? I mean, people would be happy if he fought salido, but not a guy who beat and drew with salido?
                      Martinez is on the slide bad. He was a very good fighter when Burns beat him but that was some 4 years ago. This is a different time. Loma didn't beat THAT Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                      X