Ali fought the best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
    now, this sends me back to the floor laughing myself to tears ha ha ha
    Ali fought the best available opponents, barring a Foreman rematch. If that's what you want to hear, fine! He did not beat him as convincingly as you claim. He got the living **** beaten out of him and won through highly unconventional and unrepeatable means and there was plenty of speculation of foul play too. Funny he gave other fighters rematch but not Foreman where there was most question of all about the outcome of a rematch (?)

Anyway Floyd only ever ducked 1 fighter without question (Pac), you can question his timing, as I do too of other fighters but he didn't duck them!

There are great parallels here.

Excuses are made for Ali in this sense too, funny how as soon as Ali started to struggle/lose in the 70's he was claimed to be "past" it, yet in the 60's where most claim he was prime there was not the same quality of opposition was there? Seems to me a very similar scenario compared to accusations made against Floyd!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
      Ali fought the best available opponents, barring a Foreman rematch. If that's what you want to hear, fine! He did not beat him as convincingly as you claim. He got the living **** beaten out of him and won through highly unconventional and unrepeatable means and there was plenty of speculation of foul play too. Funny he gave other fighters rematch but not Foreman where there was most question of all about the outcome of a rematch (?)

Anyway Floyd only ever ducked 1 fighter without question (Pac), you can question his timing, as I do too of other fighters but he didn't duck them!

There are great parallels here.

Excuses are made for Ali in this sense too, funny how as soon as Ali started to struggle/lose in the 70's he was claimed to be "past" it, yet in the 60's where most claim he was prime there was not the same quality of opposition was there? Seems to me a very similar scenario compared to accusations made against Floyd!
      now, ali's win over george is not convincing eh?

and floyd's win over ortiz, maidana, castillo 1 were convincing for you?

and you again put forth foul play on ali's part? any factual substantiation to support this?

it is clear that you try to diminish ali's accomplishment to perk up floyd's stock...

anyway, the thread is really about ali fought the best, doesn't it? that is what matters...

ali did get hurt, yes....but sure you understand getting hurt is part of boxing...

again, ali did get hurt, yes...but i don't recall ali compelling his foe to change gloves in the 11th hour.....as floyd did recently...wonder why floyd did that? because floyd also get hurt in the business called boxing...he also bleeds and aches..that's why health comes first...that's why he has hand injections...that's why he wanted no part of pac who can hurt him real bad... or are your idolatry of floyd make you so blind to see these?

Comment

• Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
        now, ali's win over george is not convincing eh?

and floyd's win over ortiz, maidana, castillo 1 were convincing for you?

and you again put forth foul play on ali's part? any factual substantiation to support this?

it is clear that you try to diminish ali's accomplishment to perk up floyd's stock...

anyway, the thread is really about ali fought the best, doesn't it? that is what matters...

ali did get hurt, yes....but sure you understand getting hurt is part of boxing...

again, ali did get hurt, yes...but i don't recall ali compelling his foe to change gloves in the 11th hour.....as floyd did recently...wonder why floyd did that? because floyd also get hurt in the business called boxing...he also bleeds and aches..that's why health comes first...that's why he has hand injections...that's why he wanted no part of pac who can hurt him real bad... or are your idolatry of floyd make you so blind to see these?
        Oh Ali beat George alright, I'm not disputing that! But in none of Floyd's fights was there anything LIKE the method of victory Ali hit upon.

Ali didn't use any kind of methods like Floyd to aid his performance? What about the use of illegal smelling salts for one!

What about all the gift decisions, point to a single other boxer who's career was more manufactured than Ali's? Not even Wilders! (He just cherry picked but nobody is crediting him as the greatest are they!)

We already established that I don't like Floyd either, and sure he quacked out of Pac badly.

But in absolute quality terms there's no comparison between Floyds opponents and Ali's except Ali's opponents were nominally "the best opponents at the time" which they were, CREDIT to ALI for that!

But Pac aside, who did Floyd miss?

If you want to talk about Pac and Floyd, I'll school Floyd with you but leave that joker from the 70's out of it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
          Oh Ali beat George alright, I'm not disputing that! But in none of Floyd's fights was there anything LIKE the method of victory Ali hit upon.

Ali didn't use any kind of methods like Floyd to aid his performance? What about the use of illegal smelling salts for one!

What about all the gift decisions, point to a single other boxer who's career was more manufactured than Ali's? Not even Wilders! (He just cherry picked but nobody is crediting him as the greatest are they!)

We already established that I don't like Floyd either, and sure he quacked out of Pac badly.

But in absolute quality terms there's no comparison between Floyds opponents and Ali's except Ali's opponents were nominally "the best opponents at the time" which they were, CREDIT to ALI for that!

But Pac aside, who did Floyd miss?

If you want to talk about Pac and Floyd, I'll school Floyd with you but leave that joker from the 70's out of it!
          as you evaded most of the questions i threw at you...

i might as well go back down the floor laughing myself to tears ha ha ha ha

Comment

• Can't believe we're even comparing Ali and Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushid***333; View Post
              Can't believe we're even comparing Ali and Mayweather.
              when people could not keep straight to the topic then one may decide to give them a dose or two of their own medicine..

Comment

Working...
              X