No announcement yet.

Ali fought the best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    I think that you are drinking Floyd's KoolAid videos (interviews)!

Weight has nothing to do with "real threat" or "real risk".

Go check out every poll out there if Floyd was the underdog going into a fight or close to even like lets say when Ali fought Foreman or Liston?
    lmaooooooooo weight has nothing to do with a real thread or risk????? do you mean this? in certain cases i will agree with you... but overall weigt has a hell of alot to do with a threat or risk its why there are weight classes

here are some examples:

When you tie-up in boxing you can lean on the other guy forcing him to carry your weight.

When fighting close you can slam into him with your body while punching and throw him off his center.

More weight and force behind your punches.

Muscle weights more then fat, a higher weight could mean bigger mucles depending on the person.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
      lmaooooooooo weight has nothing to do with a real thread or risk????? do you mean this? in certain cases i will agree with you... but overall weigt has a hell of alot to do with a threat or risk its why there are weight classes

here are some examples:

When you tie-up in boxing you can lean on the other guy forcing him to carry your weight.

When fighting close you can slam into him with your body while punching and throw him off his center.

More weight and force behind your punches.

Muscle weights more then fat, a higher weight could mean bigger mucles depending on the person.

That speech means nothing!

All those that came heavier than Floyd were also flat-footed.

Go check out the polls on who is or was favored to win. That is what I mean!

Floyd or Maidana? Maidana's advantage was partially removed due to him not wearing his favourite punchers gloves. Maidana also tends to gas as the fight continues. Floyd's team brought it up and counted on that.

Canelo? His only advantage was removed due to the CW and actually became a hindrance. Canelo said "The hardest part of my training camp was trying to make 152. Canelo was known to gas as the fight continues. Floyd's team brought it up (game plan) and counted on that.

Why didn't Floyd take on Sergio Martinez when he had the chance at 154? Because Martinez is a more risky fighter ......

Last edited by ADP02; 08-09-2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by adp02 View Post
        that speech means nothing!

All those that came heavier than floyd were also flat-footed.

go check out the polls on who is or was favored to win. That is what i mean!

floyd or maidana? Maidana's advantage was partially removed due to him not wearing his favourite gloves.

Canelo? His only advantage was removed due to the cw and actually became a hindrance. Canelo said "the hardest part of my training camp was trying to make 152.

Why didn't floyd take on sergio martinez when he had the chance at 154? Because martinez is a more risky fighter ......
        im not talking about floyd im talking boxing in general, im not here to debate all these silly points like why floyd didnt fight martinez who hasnt fought at 154 in years...., the fact is, that weight is important in boxing and is an advantage in certain situations, any boxing fan knows this. Canelo and miadana signed the contracts and fought n lost, if u think the gloves would have made a difference thats on you brother. If canelo didnt want to fight at 152 he shouldnt have signed on the dotted line.

Comment

im not talking about floyd im talking boxing in gegot, im not here to debate all these silly points like why floyd didnt fight martinez who hasnt fought at 154 in years...., the fact is, that weight is important in boxing and is an advantage in certain situations, any boxing fan knows this. Canelo and miadana signed the contracts and fought n lost, if u think the gloves would have made a difference thats on you brother. If canelo didnt want to fight at 152 he shouldnt have signed on the dotted line.
          I feel you but when you have fools yelling floyd tbe and all the nonsense, you gotta be ready to combat the bs spewn by elroy and the floyd spin doctors

Comment

im not talking about floyd im talking boxing in general, im not here to debate all these silly points like why floyd didnt fight martinez who hasnt fought at 154 in years...., the fact is, that weight is important in boxing and is an advantage in certain situations, any boxing fan knows this. Canelo and miadana signed the contracts and fought n lost, if u think the gloves would have made a difference thats on you brother. If canelo didnt want to fight at 152 he shouldnt have signed on the dotted line.
            Then you came to the wrong thread buddy!

This thread IS about Floyd vs Ali's and who fought the best. Having a guy with more weight does not mean that the guy with more weight will be the odds on favorite to win the fight ..... I brought up some of the reasons and more importantly, who Floyd picked.

Weight is important if you can use it to your advantage but Floyd picked flat-footed fighters where he felt that they couldn't use it to their advantage or that it would eventually gas them (become a hindrance)

Floyd was the odds on favourite against those bigger guys. If he took on someone his own size or just a bit bigger or a bit smaller and the odds were against Floyd, then that would be a story in itself BUT Floyd doesn't risk his precious "0" .... so that is why we don't get those fights.

but you can continue to talk theoretically .... go ahead.

Comment

Comparing Floyd to Ali resume wise.
              If you have the time please sit down and watch this video from Blood.
              It's a pretty good breakdown and it'll inform and give a lot of these newbie Floyd stans somewhere to start. Floyd can't hold Ali's jockstrap.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                I feel you but when you have fools yelling floyd tbe and all the nonsense, you gotta be ready to combat the bs spewn by elroy and the floyd spin doctors
                LOL If a person thinks Floyd is TBE thats their opinion it doesnt make them a fool, but for arguments sake which is what men do when it comes to sports it is what it is, and i understand why it bothers some to see him called that... his resume isnt TBE but as far as boxing talent and ring IQ hes up there IMO. like some people say SSR was TBE but how many of those fans actually watched all of his fights? there are some very dilligent boxing fans out there who have put in the work to watch most of all the greats fights but not all of us... alot of people judge who TBE is by who they grew up watching, its all just personal opinion, same with ATG list.

Comment

LOL If a person thinks Floyd is TBE thats their opinion it doesnt make them a fool, but for arguments sake which is what men do when it comes to sports it is what it is, and i understand why it bothers some to see him called that... his resume isnt TBE but as far as boxing talent and ring IQ hes up there IMO. like some people say SSR was TBE but how many of those fans actually watched all of his fights? there are some very dilligent boxing fans out there who have put in the work to watch most of all the greats fights but not all of us... alot of people judge who TBE is by who they grew up watching, its all just personal opinion, same with ATG list.
                  I actually watched Ali live .....

but

the difference with Ali is that he went looking for trouble. Meaning, he actually fought the tough fights where people gave his opponent a very good chance of not only beating Ali but KOing him decisively.

So here we are in a thread where Floyd fans are trying to tell us that Floyd is TBE and trying to put down Ali but until your resume shows that as a fact ...... YOU ARE NOT TBE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                    Then you came to the wrong thread buddy!

This thread IS about Floyd vs Ali's and who fought the best. Having a guy with more weight does not mean that the guy with more weight will be the odds on favorite to win the fight ..... I brought up some of the reasons and more importantly, who Floyd picked.

Weight is important if you can use it to your advantage but Floyd picked flat-footed fighters where he felt that they couldn't use it to their advantage or that it would eventually gas them (become a hindrance)

Floyd was the odds on favourite against those bigger guys. If he took on someone his own size or just a bit bigger or a bit smaller and the odds were against Floyd, then that would be a story in itself BUT Floyd doesn't risk his precious "0" .... so that is why we don't get those fights.

but you can continue to talk theoretically .... go ahead.
                    Im of the impression that any professional fight vs a top ranked opponent is a risk, Floyd is just held to a higher standard here because of how good he is i guess, which is why when hes hit or hurt people go crazy like he wasnt in the ring with a professional fighter, trained by a professional trainer, who is ranked and paid to kick ass, but overall i understand your argument, he has some pretty weak fights under his belt as most of the greats do, and took fights where he knew he could exploit something but my question is, when did it become wrong to fight an opponent with weaknesses you thought you could potentially exploit? isnt that what all boxers do when they study thier opponent to form a game plan? but i can dig it bro im really just here passing time at work! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      I actually watched Ali live ..... but

the difference with Ali is that he went looking for trouble. Meaning, he actually fought the tough fights where people gave his opponent a very good chance of not only beating Ali but KOing him decisively.

So here we are in a thread where Floyd fans are trying to tell us that Floyd is TBE and trying to put down Ali but until your resume shows that as a fact ...... YOU ARE NOT TBE!!!
                      wow!! thats great i bet that was a great memory, im out tho! nice debating wit u ill be back monday! peace have a good weekend!

Comment

Working...
                      X