History Lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Legend
    As far as I'm concerned he's the best song writer of my gen and quite possibly the closest thing to god.

Comment

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      As far as I'm concerned he's the best song writer of my gen and quite possibly the closest thing to god.
      He's definitely a genius.

Not usually my kind of thing but love Oasis. When they hit the scene, was a great time.

Probably enjoyed them more than The Beatles.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        how the F did i miss lord vader?
        it's the best video i ever made. a true work of art.

i had a star-wars marathon on a rainy-day and that line just made an instant connection with the flortiz fight.

Comment

He's definitely a genius.

Not usually my kind of thing but love Oasis. When they hit the scene, was a great time.

Probably enjoyed them more than The Beatles.
          Was having this discussion with a mate a few days ago, I think Oasis are one of the few bands I could happily say are on par with the Beatles, wouldn't say anyone was actually better then the Beatles though.

A band I've only just took real interest in, and I feel foolish for being ignorant too them in the past, are The Kinks.

So ****ing good, how you rate em ?.

Comment

Was having this discussion with a mate a few days ago, I think Oasis are one of the few bands I could happily say are on par with the Beatles, wouldn't say anyone was actually better then the Beatles though.

A band I've only just took real interest in, and I feel foolish for being ignorant too them in the past, are The Kinks.

So ****ing good, how you rate em ?.
            The Kinks are damn good.

Like I said in my other post, that kind of music isn't usually my thing but I can certainly appreciate it.

It's impossible to not like The Beatles and even Oasis. But despite not really being into it I can appreciate The Clash and so forth.

Comment

• Oasis is okay, but I wouldn't say on par with The Beatles and I'm not even a big Beatles fan. Were the Gallagher brothers as heavy drinkers as they were rumored to be in the '90s or were shown to be on Celebrity Deathmatch and is it true a lot of their songs were about drinking or had drinks in the titles or lyrics? Those were the rumors, just wondering if they were true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Oasis is okay, but I wouldn't say on par with The Beatles and I'm not even a big Beatles fan. Were the Gallagher brothers as heavy drinkers as they were rumored to be in the '90s or were shown to be on Celebrity Deathmatch and is it true a lot of their songs were about drinking or had drinks in the titles or lyrics? Those were the rumors, just wondering if they were true.
                I think you're mixing drink with drugs (Although they were quite heavy drinkers, nothing compared too the drugs though) and no hardly any of their songs are directly about drinks / drinking or drugs, you say they aren't on par with The Beatles because you really haven't listened too all that much Oasis by the sound of it, if you have and still only rate Oasis as 'Okay' I'm going to slap you Ant.

Only song of the top of my head which has a Bevvy in the title is
                Last edited by NChristo; 04-02-2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I think you're mixing drink with drugs (Although they were quite heavy drinkers, nothing compared too the drugs though) and no hardly any of their songs are directly about drinks / drinking or drugs, you say they aren't on par with The Beatles because you really haven't listened too all that much Oasis by the sound of it, if you have and still only rate Oasis as 'Okay' I'm going to slap you Ant.

And does it really matter if they were?

Look at The Libertines for example, a long list of their songs are about drugs and things of that nature and I don't even like Pete Doherty to be honest but it's hard to argue he isn't an amazing musician.

Hell, what about Jimi Hendrix?

Comment

And does it really matter if they were?

Look at The Libertines for example, a long list of their songs are about drugs and things of that nature and I don't even like Pete Doherty to be honest but it's hard to argue he isn't an amazing musician.

Hell, what about Jimi Hendrix?
                    Nope didn't say it did, just saying their songs were rarely about drugs.

Nothing wrong with it at all, the drugs kind of ruined The Libertines though, after how ****ing good Up The Bracket was their was the whole drugs episode and they made that half arsed second album and never did anything else, such a waste of potential, they could of been one of the greats.

Comment

Sorry, just not a big Oasis fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X