No announcement yet.

People keep talking about Loma vs Salido

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    Good but that was after Castillo had already missed weight in the rematch and in the third fight he missed weight by 5 pounds.
    Speaking of the rematch, Castillo's KO win should have been changed to a no-contest if I follow your logic, and so should be every bout where the winner missed weight.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      haha... yea, floyd lost weight between the weigh in and the fight night weight... talk about being naive.. floyd was not 150 fight night... more like close to 160.
      Fighters get outweighed by 10+ lbs all the time especially smaller fighters who are above there 2nd or 3rd weight class.

Floyd and Pac faced men 10+ lbs bigger many times.

Comment

I'd love to see the rematch so I won't be shutting up about it anytime soon. Lomachenko rushed into the fight and couldn't deal with the pro style of Salido, the pressure and the rough house tactics were too much for Lomachenko who was clueless in the first half of the fight, I'm dying to see how Lomachenko has improved as a pro and how he's gonna deal with the tough pro style of someone like Salido, remember, Salido was beaten by almost all the good fighters that he faced even before he fought Lomachenko, so Lomachenko NEEDS to beat him to be on that level.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
          dude just shut up......people are pretending to like lomo? hahaha so are you actually offended by people pouring out their love for the guy as oppose to hate? face it, people like loma. even the so called "demographic" that u like to stereotype. loma is a SPECIAL talent & truly is a matrix fighter. i am overjoyed that we have new guys like himself that is willing to take on tough fighters. this is what boxing needs. the problem with guys like yourself is that u are so caught up in race that u need idiots throwing hate at loma just so u can have something to b*tch about and defend. get over it........
          WTF are you talking about?

And don't ****ing add me as one of those people that uses "demographic." I'm not one of those people.
          That's the problem with you people. You like to generalize. You see me as a Loma fan so you probably think I'm one of those people that says things like "demographic." I stay away from that ****. It's ****ing stupid and pointless.

You're comment has nothing to do with what I commented.
          ****ing idiot. And learn to not generalize.

Comment

Loma gets the chance to avenge his only loss and show how much better he's gotten. The second fight won't even be close. If you're a Lomachenko fan you should want this fight. Easy work for Loma the second time around.

Comment

Anyone who complains about Lomachenko's loss to Salido is a fuking ******.

Saying stupid **** like "Floyd and Pac fought guys 10 lbs bigger than them many times" is laughable. Loma did it against a world class fighter in his 2nd fight. Show me anyone else fighting a world class fighter in the 2nd fight and being outweighed by 10 lbs and I'll give you a cookie.

We should be commending Lomachenko for taking the tough road instead of making us deal with ****ty tuneups instead of putting him down for taking on a challenge and losing a split decision. How some of you call yourselves 'fans' constantly baffles me. Low class trolls is a more apt description.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                it is a valid loss...the fight was not decided because of weight, Salido just avoided being drained beyond repair...as far as the fouling goes, Lomachenko himself got a bit chippy and caused a lot of the lowblows by pulling Salido down, clinching and smothering the wrong way, Salido will follow through with his shots and not modify the trajectory of his punch just because you moved in a way that makes you vulnerable to a nut shot. Lomachenko is better for the experience and can achieve great things still...that loss doesn't take away from his career because he showed his talent as well so early in his pro career...you just validate the duckers when you think the 0 means so much.
                Great post!

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  Anyone who complains about Lomachenko's loss to Salido is a fuking ******.

Saying stupid **** like "Floyd and Pac fought guys 10 lbs bigger than them many times" is laughable. Loma did it against a world class fighter in his 2nd fight. Show me anyone else fighting a world class fighter in the 2nd fight and being outweighed by 10 lbs and I'll give you a cookie.

We should be commending Lomachenko for taking the tough road instead of making us deal with ****ty tuneups instead of putting him down for taking on a challenge and losing a split decision. How some of you call yourselves 'fans' constantly baffles me. Low class trolls is a more apt description.
                  The only issue I have with your post is Loma waited until he was 26 and had almost 400 amateur fights when he turned pro.

Floyd and Manny, when they were 26, they had moved up, fought and defeated the top guy in the new division. Had he turned pro at the same age Floyd or Manny did, there is no way, even with Arum, that he would get a title shot his 2nd fight with a Salido level opponent.

I agree Loma should be appreciated. That said, his fans like you need to stop comparing the 1st 8 fights of a pro resume of a 26 yr old with 400 amateur fights to teenagers with 75 and no amateur fights.
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 12-01-2016, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X