Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kell Brook: "My weight has settled down so I could still make welterweight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Really? This guy couldn't take off 6 lbs?

He could and it probably wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as some other fighters who's been making weight before.
    Why the old photo? He looked awful at 160 vs Brook. I definitely can't see him making 154,dude would be on life support.

Comment

No one said that.
      just busting chops.

during the 3g build up, a lot of brook fans were chest thumping about how its ''about time he stops killing himself to make ww'' and that ''3g was gonna get it.''

the blindest **** could have told them it was a cash grab (an enviable cash grab) and that after the loss, he would return to ww. he also did it to one-up khan. i have nothing against brook and him going for the cash.

brook is a guy who can gain muscle mass and fight at higher divs. he should stick with ww. no ''settling in'' needed.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        These Britts are something else....Khan, Brook , Fury , Bellew , Haye....P4P the most cowardly lot in all of boxing.
        I dunno about the others but what?

Khan and Brook both showed their balls by moving up 2 divisions and Khan beat better fighters in his first 5 years in boxing than the guy in ur pic has in his entire career

Comment

He does look like something straight out of Auschwitz when he makes 147 though.

154 is better suited for him. He looked solid at 160 imo, 154 would be perfect.
          I don't think he looks too bad.

I agree though 154 would be more natural but he's just obviously not built for 160 unlike Golovkin who's a beast at 160

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            I dunno about the others but what?

Khan and Brook both showed their balls by moving up 2 divisions and Khan beat better fighters in his first 5 years in boxing than the guy in ur pic has in his entire career
            Khan and Brook were to chicken to fight each other and Jessie Vargas was not making excuses ducking another welter/rival by challenging bigger men he knew he could not beat...and Khan beat who lately? when was the last time he was a legit champion?

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
              just busting chops.

during the 3g build up, a lot of brook fans were chest thumping about how its ''about time he stops killing himself to make ww'' and that ''3g was gonna get it.''

the blindest **** could have told them it was a cash grab (an enviable cash grab) and that after the loss, he would return to ww. he also did it to one-up khan. i have nothing against brook and him going for the cash.

brook is a guy who can gain muscle mass and fight at higher divs. he should stick with ww. no ''settling in'' needed.
              ... look at Brook between fights: he's gaining weight -- i.e. body fat... "Canelo type" somehow...

Comment

Saw a couple of clips of him a few weeks ago at the gym and he looked very heavy. Going back down to 147 could be very dangerous. It's clear 154 is his ideal weight.

Comment

It don't suprise me he can make ww again he's been doing it his whole career. He's just greedy. At ww he won't be able to eat like king but that's his problem. As long as he can still kick ass that's the main thing

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    It don't suprise me he can make ww again he's been doing it his whole career. He's just greedy. At ww he won't be able to eat like king but that's his problem. As long as he can still kick ass that's the main thing
                    I still rank Brook as the best WW out there. But it's still to be seen how well he recovers...

Comment

we unifying! war brook!!

Comment

Working...
                      X