No announcement yet.

Boxers fracture

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxers fracture

Anyone had one? how long did it take to recover? any lasting effects?

I haven't fractured my hands, but I get the lighter variation of this injury occasionally...pain in my ring finger after particularly long or heavy sessions on the heavybag. It's a lot to do with form but also how well you pad/wrap your hands and the quality of the gloves you use, as well as simply that your fingers are in a quite uncomfortable position

Generally just ice the hand and affected fingers and give the hand some rest from working on the heavy bag and it usually resolves itself in a week or two. Can't speak about recovery times for a full fracture but I suppose it differs from person to person.

Comment

I was in junior high when I got it from punching a backpack full of textbooks. My parents didn't believe me that it was broken until it started swelling up while I was playing at a jazz festival. I had a cast for a couple of months and had no long term effects.

Comment

Had mine in cast for six weeks I think may of been 8, about 3-4 months before I was back on the pads.

Wrist was a lot worse but that was a football injury, it felt weak as **** for months after and I was worried about even training light with it.

No lasting effects with my wrist but my right hand is prone too swelling even wrapped properly with 16s not sure if its related directly to the fracture or not but I think it probably is.

Comment

damnit! was just going good in gym

Comment

My wrists would get sore sometimes but no knuckle problems.

You guys sure your wrapping your hands right, and with the right wraps?

You can also try cutting up one of those beer can holders and wrap it with your knuckles for some extra cushion.

Comment

I started getting some pain in my right hand about a year ago. I noticed a little too late that the padding in my right glove had split right around the knuckles, so I was basically punching the bag with just a thin layer of leather for protection. I didn't even think to check the gloves because they were only a few months old and from the outside at least the glove looked fine. I'm never buying Rev Gear gloves again.

Ever since then, my right hand's always been in at least a little pain. I've even taken a month to two months off from training here and there, but I can still feel that it's not 100% pain-free like it was before. I use the Title Gel World Training Gloves now btw, which as far as I can tell, seems like a pretty good quality glove.

Comment

i did never healed i had to quit

Comment

Working...
                X