Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs Feels Golovkin's Hype is Built on Calculated Matchmaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    Danny Jacobs is only partly correct.

I cracked the Team Golovkin blueprint a long time ago.

boxing is all about matchmaking, and styles make fights

don't EVER forget that fact, and you will not go wrong

their strategy = standard risk/reward, just like everybody else..... and their preferred style is "available"..... as-in, they are simply playing to Golovkin's strengths, which is good management..... if Gennady can land on them, then he will fight them, because they back GGG's power to eventually break his "available" opponent down

e.g.

they will fight, in order.....

1) money opponents, who are " available "
    2) name opponents, who are " available "
    3) any no-hopers, who are " available ", for that 2mil chq

they will NOT fight, in order.....

1) notorious mover/spoilers, who will not be " available "

THAT is why Golovkin has not faced any genuine world-class opponents, and that is why they avoided making fights with Mora/Ward/Lara

that became obvious to me back in 2012 when Loeffler used every excuse in the book as he stuttered and stammered his way past a question from an interviewer suggesting that Mora would be an ideal opponent

an ex-champion who has clearly faded is the perfect opponent for an up-and-comer who is trying to establish himself on the world stage, that fight was a no-brainer..... and yet, Loeffler used half-a-dozen silly excuses to kill any talk of that fight, and then proceeded to discuss opponents who were much worse

I needed 1 genuine reason, because that fight was a no-brainer..... but all I heard were a bunch of silly excuses..... and the only reason why you would use a bunch of silly excuses, is because you do not have 1 genuine reason.....

and then, Loeffler did the exact same thing to Ward/Lara..... two other mover/spoilers who are notoriously difficult to look good against..... he used every excuse in the book to rubbish those unthinkable fights LMAO

I am not suggesting that Mora would have beaten Golovkin..... I am saying that Team Golovkin were unwilling to risk Gennady struggling to land on Mora, failing to put him away, and failing to look good..... or heaven forbid, the worst..... just like with Ward/Lara

they were all UNNECESSARY high-risk/low-reward fights..... so they did not happen

I know whats up, it is all about styles/matchmaking

nothing new here, boxing has worked this way for years

maybe they have taken Gennady's training wheels off, but personally I doubt it..... which is why they will not accept that FORTUNE from Canelo

they want to break Hopkins record, then they will make the Canelo fight..... which is fkn lame

Golovkin will suddenly forget that he is a businessman, and make that fight for "the good of boxing" and for "the fans"..... like Pacquiao did when he suddenly overcame his fear of needles

my house is a kool-aid free zone, seen it all before..... but you cvnts can drink whatever you like LMAO
    You are seriously so rattled a white man is destroying your fighters, you are believing the kool aid golden boy is giving you about flat rate payments cooked up to suck in gullible race freaks like yourself.....If my people were lackluster performers in this era outside of basketball I guess id be whacked out with ridiculous strung out theories too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Real Talk85 View Post
      All of them with the exception of Murray were smaller. Lemieux and Stevens were the smallest by far and Macklin is not much bigger than either of those two. Murray is the same size as GGG they are both good sized MW.

Look at how much bigger he was than David. http://www.fightbookmma.com/wp-conte...h-lemiuex1.jpg
      On fight night GGG looked like a power lifter compared to Lemieux

The difference between him and Stevens is ridiculous. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lW_zly-i1g0/hqdefault.jpg

Macklin, another smaller guy:http://www.boxingscene.com/uploads/6...klin%20(6).jpg

Not small in height but they are nowhere near the size of GGG. The only live guy he fought that matched up in size was Murray and it was no coincidence that GGG couldnt steam roll him like everyone else. He took the shots much better than they could.
      Yet on fight night when they weigh in, ggg has been outweighed by 5-10lbs by all those guys just mentioned, 15 by murray.....

Lemiuex weighed 180lbs fight night while ggg was 170. Ggg was 168 while kell brook was 170. You are either just a liar or dont know anything you are talking about. Take your ghetto self back to the hood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Truth View Post
        You are seriously so rattled a white man is destroying your fighters, you are believing the kool aid golden boy is giving you about flat rate payments cooked up to suck in gullible race freaks like yourself.....If my people were lackluster performers in this era outside of basketball I guess id be whacked out with ridiculous strung out theories too!

you think I am black ?

i am a kiwi

ya skinny little scared white alt ahahahhha

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Truth View Post

" Boxing Truth "

cool story bro

Comment

• Jacobs is just asking for a worse beating lol

Comment

• Jacobs is right, Golovkin has benefited from some good management and some great matchmaking

I would even go further and call him a manufactured fighter

a network darling

doesn't mean that Jacobs will beat him

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Geale did have a better option though. Geale vs Barker just had like 900k viewers on HBO I think it was? The fight was exciting and close. So, he could had gone for that rematch and it would had justified not facing GGG yet. Murray could had just fought anyone domestically and gotten paid because we know these UK fighters draw a lot.
                Geale lost to Barker a year or so before Golovkin and Barker retired 8 months before the Golovkin fight, so Geale couldn't have fought him instead of Golovkin.
                Last edited by bojangles1987; 02-22-2017, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• Love the confidence from Jacobs. He's not buying into the myth. Whether that means anything on fight night is another story. Dominic Wade appeared to be confident but folded when he got punched in the mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thaman2x View Post
                    1st- No one mentioned Ward, but you did.. interesting.
                    2nd- Chavez...lol...Froch- if he is retired, why challenge? smh.
                    1. u were going mention ward sooner or later

those 2 are big fights, chavez is obv big fight financially lol
                    rest aren't big enough...
                    he's 160 boxer ffs who wants unify division
                    he got IBF belt from lemieux (2015), chalenged BJS but rejected, fought MANDATORY chalenger (wade), got WBC belt for free coz canelo refused, Eubank screwd his team fought brook instead (the only 1 available or gonna w8 months chasing other fighter), and then ordered to fight mandatory chalenger again (jacobs)

smh critizing 160 pounder who want to unify division....
                    he conquered IBF and WBC 2015-2016, and then ordered to defend his tittle against jacobs, how could u want him to move up lol

Comment

• Jacobs got dropped by Mora, KOed by Pirog, and rocked by Ishe Smith.

I can't see any outcome other than Jacobs out cold on the canvas.

Comment

Working...
                      X