Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs Feels Golovkin's Hype is Built on Calculated Matchmaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Lemieux definitely deserves credit. So does Macklin.

Geale and Murray only took the fight after years ducking Golovkin, with all the ridicule that came with it, and no better options.

There was a point in time where fighters literally gave up mandatory spots to champions rather than fight Golovkin. You could go down the entire top 10 and find a moment where they ducked him. It wasn't until Macklin opened the floodgates that this started to change. Even then he needed another year or so to build his star power before he got Geale (I think) in the ring.

He's not ruthlessly ducked like he used to be, but there was absolutely a point where he was THAT avoided.
    Geale did have a better option though. Geale vs Barker just had like 900k viewers on HBO I think it was? The fight was exciting and close. So, he could had gone for that rematch and it would had justified not facing GGG yet. Murray could had just fought anyone domestically and gotten paid because we know these UK fighters draw a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
      You would love to be me....i'm impartal son unlike you and i see it how it is no matter the race creed or colour
      I hate to break it to you but golovkin is the best middleweight in the world and nobody beats golovkn at middleweight son...get use to it
      I've said GGG is the best MW on several occasions and people call me a GGG hater. I'm not willing to give the man a reach around like other posters but I can't ignore facts. I'm not in Congress.

Comment

• they've placed him against opponents who were in the final part of their careers

.... and this is exactly what they are gonna say about you once the fight is over,

Comment

• Could Golovkin even beat Ann Wolfe?

Comment

• Danny Jacobs is only partly correct.

I cracked the Team Golovkin blueprint a long time ago.

boxing is all about matchmaking, and styles make fights

don't EVER forget that fact, and you will not go wrong

their strategy = standard risk/reward, just like everybody else..... and their preferred style is "available"..... as-in, they are simply playing to Golovkin's strengths, which is good management..... if Gennady can land on them, then he will fight them, because they back GGG's power to eventually break his "available" opponent down

e.g.

they will fight, in order.....

1) money opponents, who are " available "
            2) name opponents, who are " available "
            3) any no-hopers, who are " available ", for that 2mil chq

they will NOT fight, in order.....

1) notorious mover/spoilers, who will not be " available "

THAT is why Golovkin has not faced any genuine world-class opponents, and that is why they avoided making fights with Mora/Ward/Lara

that became obvious to me back in 2012 when Loeffler used every excuse in the book as he stuttered and stammered his way past a question from an interviewer suggesting that Mora would be an ideal opponent

an ex-champion who has clearly faded is the perfect opponent for an up-and-comer who is trying to establish himself on the world stage, that fight was a no-brainer..... and yet, Loeffler used half-a-dozen silly excuses to kill any talk of that fight, and then proceeded to discuss opponents who were much worse

I needed 1 genuine reason, because that fight was a no-brainer..... but all I heard were a bunch of silly excuses..... and the only reason why you would use a bunch of silly excuses, is because you do not have 1 genuine reason.....

and then, Loeffler did the exact same thing to Ward/Lara..... two other mover/spoilers who are notoriously difficult to look good against..... he used every excuse in the book to rubbish those unthinkable fights LMAO

I am not suggesting that Mora would have beaten Golovkin..... I am saying that Team Golovkin were unwilling to risk Gennady struggling to land on Mora, failing to put him away, and failing to look good..... or heaven forbid, the worst..... just like with Ward/Lara

they were all UNNECESSARY high-risk/low-reward fights..... so they did not happen

I know whats up, it is all about styles/matchmaking

nothing new here, boxing has worked this way for years

maybe they have taken Gennady's training wheels off, but personally I doubt it..... which is why they will not accept that FORTUNE from Canelo

they want to break Hopkins record, then they will make the Canelo fight..... which is fkn lame

Golovkin will suddenly forget that he is a businessman, and make that fight for "the good of boxing" and for "the fans"..... like Pacquiao did when he suddenly overcame his fear of needles

my house is a kool-aid free zone, seen it all before..... but you cvnts can drink whatever you like LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by bluepete View Post
              Starting with Proska, Stevens, Macklin, Murray and Lemieux, as his more high profile wins, I don't think any of them were smaller or older men. So I don't think saying they matched him with guys coming to the end or smaller guys in general is right at all.
              All of them with the exception of Murray were smaller. Lemieux and Stevens were the smallest by far and Macklin is not much bigger than either of those two. Murray is the same size as GGG they are both good sized MW.

Look at how much bigger he was than David. http://www.fightbookmma.com/wp-conte...h-lemiuex1.jpg
              On fight night GGG looked like a power lifter compared to Lemieux

The difference between him and Stevens is ridiculous. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lW_zly-i1g0/hqdefault.jpg

Macklin, another smaller guy:http://www.boxingscene.com/uploads/6...klin%20(6).jpg

Not small in height but they are nowhere near the size of GGG. The only live guy he fought that matched up in size was Murray and it was no coincidence that GGG couldnt steam roll him like everyone else. He took the shots much better than they could.

Comment

• Mora is a bastard and makes it hard on anyone he fights. He has one of the most difficult styles to fight against. He doesn't fight to beat you he fights to make you look bad. Very skilled boxer though, really tricky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real Talk85 View Post
                  All of them with the exception of Murray were smaller. Lemieux and Stevens were the smallest by far and Macklin is not much bigger than either of those two. Murray is the same size as GGG they are both good sized MW.

Look at how much bigger he was than David. http://www.fightbookmma.com/wp-conte...h-lemiuex1.jpg

The difference between him and Stevens is ridiculous. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lW_zly-i1g0/hqdefault.jpg

Macklin, another smaller guy:http://www.boxingscene.com/uploads/6...klin%20(6).jpg

Not small in height but they are nowhere near the size of GGG. The only live guy he fought that matched up in size was Murray and it was no coincidence that GGG couldnt steam roll him like everyone else. He took the shots much better than they could.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real Talk85 View Post

Its funny how size has become subjective now it suits. These guys, who like Stevens moved down in weight are nowhere near Golovkins size. Lemieux, who weighed in ten pound more than Golovkin 30days out and is an inch shorter, and held a middleweight title is much smaller too is he? Well obviously not in weight. Clearly not in height. So smaller how. I mean, which is it. It's not height. It's not weight. If your talking about visually then the fact that Golovkin in big in the lats and delts might give him the illusion of being bigger, but what does its mean? As for Murray taking shots well, that's what he's known for. Nobody else has put him away, including Groves who hit him with everything, and whatever you say about him, George has good power a division up.

Comment

• So you are picking jacobs

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      Well that suspect chin didn't help Mora.

It didn't help Quillan

...and it won't help GGG.
                      So you are on record picking jacobs. When ggg destroys him, you will be forced to give the man the credit he deserves. Not that it matters from a race troll like yourself, but at least we will get a laugh at your expenses like always.

Comment

Working...
                      X