Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mexican Legends Slam Chavez Jr. - Demand He Retire From Boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    Yep. Honestly, the more educated a person becomes as a fight fan, generally their attitude flips. They appreciated the skill level at the lower weights. And heavyweight boxing becomes harder to watch.
    No i use to watch all weight classes but i just prefer heavyweights. I don't like catch weights. I use to watch guys like Froch, pacman, mayweather, gatti but then it seemed like catchweights became an issue for fights to be made. I would rather watch a couple of slow HWs slug it out than watch 147lbs guys throw 1000 punches...

Comment

I don't even blame Jr. The guy was done before he even set foot in the ring. Yeah he should have put forth more of a fight, but he was scared to get knocked out. I'm not sure what was worse for him in his mind, being knocked out or surviving an embarrassing decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
        True definition of a Casual fan .
        LOL! no I watch A LOT of boxing but just don't have any interest in anyone under 201lbs anymore. Use to watch all weight classes but I just lost interest. I have always been a HW fan. I remember Don King's PPV with 2 HW title fights & a Chavez fight. I would go flip my steak, refill my beer & take a dump while Chavez was fighting so I didn't miss the HWs...

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
          True definition of a Casual fan .
          Lol yup I'd agree. We watch All Weight Classes.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            I don't see what was so "pathetic" about Jr's performance. He's a C level fighter that got outclassed by as much better fighter. This was not a big fight, it was a big event. There's a difference. And anybody that expected anything different from what they saw DKSAB.
            I'd second that statement!!

Comment

Fugg dat!! Jr. Stack your chips bruh!!
              Get back in the gym & challenge Arum's NKOTB "Zurdo".

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                I don't even blame Jr. The guy was done before he even set foot in the ring. Yeah he should have put forth more of a fight, but he was scared to get knocked out. I'm not sure what was worse for him in his mind, being knocked out or surviving an embarrassing decision.
                We got that answer bud!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kcvtr81 View Post
                  Nobody blasts Oscar for doing this to all canelo's opponents, chavez couldn't punch his muscle was gone he could of been killed staying in there for 12 rounds but he took everything canelo hit him with that's a warrior, knowing he can't hurt canela but stayed in anyway
                  I totally agree.

Most people just see the surface, they just cannot think more insightfully.

I saw Chavez throwing punches at the beginning. But immediately realized that his punches had no power whatsoever. He looked lean and unhealthy. He didn't LOOK powerful at all, or dangerous. Right upon the first punches he threw, it became evident that he was as weak as he looked. So he was drained. Very weak, and his stamina was, as usual, poor too.

Conversely, Canelo looked 100% healthy, strong, HEAVIER THAN CHAVEZ JR., and when he threw his first punches we all could immediately realize that his power was at least twice as much compared to Chavez Jr.'s.

What was the point of Chavez Jr's "engaging" and "throwing punches," if they had absolutely no power and could risk him getting knocked down or even out by the abusive little tank who forced him to drain himself under the threat of millions of dollars' penalty for each excess pound?

I am not defending Chavez Jr., just stating the facts. Many of us expected a miracle. We expected Chavez Jr. to suddenly recover from being drained like a corpse in one day and being the bigger and stronger guy at the fight, but it was the opposite.

Canelo is a short-sized tank. IMO his natural weight division is actually 168 and he can easily rehydrate to 185+ and still be muscular, strong and fast.

At 168 it could have been expected A FIGHT.

At 164.5, many of us expected an impossibility. But some of us could actually see what really happened. Chavez Jr. tried a miracle with his body, but at 31 it did not work out like it did before, when he was Canelo's age or younger.

Even in top shape and healthy, Chavez Jr. would have lost. But I am sure he could have stunned Canelo a few times, and there could have been A FIGHT.

The great wars between Mexicans such as Morales-Barrera and JMM-Barrera happened because the fighters were actually very similar in height, size, weight, reach. There was no mismatch from draining, from strange catch-weights. That's why those were such memorable battles. Same as all the battles between Pacquiao and JMM. They have always been similarly-sized fighters, so they have had very enjoyable battles.

Canelo did to Chavez Jr. what Floyd did to him. Canelo got a beating and lost tons of fans in the process. Chavez Jr. looked even worse and lost any fans he may have had.

All because those stupid catch-weight fights between people who are not in similar weight divisions to begin with.
                  Last edited by sterilizer; 05-15-2017, 03:24 AM.

Comment

I'm still wondering what the hell those marks on his arms were about. Anyone know?

Comment

more ''butthurt'' people joining the ''just retire already, jr'' club

Comment

Working...
                      X