No announcement yet.

Result That Shocked You?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wlad sanders and brewster

hopkins - tarver, I thought tarver was too big and too skilled, i changed my mind to about a 50-50 fight when I saw how well hopkins filled out, I didnt expect hopkins to work him over the way he did though.

pac - dlh, although heighsight is 20/20 and you could see how dead oscar was at 147, never would have thought pac coming from 135 vs a 154 oscar dropping down, would have stopped him like that.

Comment

Rainford over Sutherland shocked me to the core, life was never the same for me after that one

Comment

De La Hoya-Pacquiao
        I was so disgusted by the typical Oscar cherry-pick. For him to get his comeuppance in such embarrassing fashion...man, I was in ecstacy that night as Manny laced him up.

Hopkins-Trinidad
        Coming off that battering of Joppy, I didn't give Hops much of a chance to win, let alone dominate the way he did. Beautiful masterclass against a streaking ATG.

Barrera-Jones I
        Thought Jones was chinny and washed--bombed the **** out of MAB that night.

Johnson-Guthrie

Guthrie looked like he would be that opponent for Roy Jones at 175 that we all had been waiting for. Was out cold before he hit the ground from that Johnson right hook.

Pacquiao-Marquez IV & Pacquiao-Barrera I

Bojado-Rubio
        Thought Bojado was the future. Definitely didn't expect him to get outmanned by a man nicknamed"El Pollo."

Norris-Mullings

Norris was starting to look faded yes but I never heard of Mullings (from Roy Jones' stable) and Norris was one fight from landing a megabout versus Oscar. You can attribute this loss to his weak chin but truthfully, he looked like a shot fighter that night even when he was boxing.

Comment

I'll have to say when Crawford beat Postol but it was the way he did it!

Something so beautiful and simplistic that gets underappreciated, if only they knew it's not as easy as it look.

Footwork and angles win that fight where I thought Postols jab and work rate late in the fight was the tale of the tape!!

Crawford turned me into a believer!

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            De La Hoya-Pacquiao
            I was so disgusted by the typical Oscar cherry-pick. For him to get his comeuppance in such embarrassing fashion...man, I was in ecstacy that night as Manny laced him up.

Hopkins-Trinidad
            Coming off that battering of Joppy, I didn't give Hops much of a chance to win, let alone dominate the way he did. Beautiful masterclass against a streaking ATG.

Barrera-Jones I
            Thought Jones was chinny and washed--bombed the **** out of MAB that night.

Johnson-Guthrie

Guthrie looked like he would be that opponent for Roy Jones at 175 that we all had been waiting for. Was out cold before he hit the ground from that Johnson right hook.

Pacquiao-Marquez IV & Pacquiao-Barrera I

Bojado-Rubio
            Thought Bojado was the future. Definitely didn't expect him to get outmanned by a man nicknamed"El Pollo."

Norris-Mullings

Norris was starting to look faded yes but I never heard of Mullings (from Roy Jones' stable) and Norris was one fight from landing a megabout versus Oscar. You can attribute this loss to his weak chin but truthfully, he looked like a shot fighter that night even when he was boxing.
            I loved DLH/Pac.

I was about 17 at the time and started posting on ************ or something like that. Can't remember what it was called. Anyway, it used to be a pretty busy forum back then and I kept telling people Oscar was too old, he'd been touched up by that featherfisted black guy from the contender and was going to get beat up.

I got laughed out of every thread so I just bid my time.

Comment

Maidana vs Devon. The textbook definition of a fighter having an off night. You might say it was a style thing or cos the ref let Devon get away with non-stop clinching but Chino has never looked so disinterested and subdued.

And Alexander lost and looked poor in practically every big fight he had.

The fight makes even less sense retrospectively. Even in that second Mayweather fighter he didn't look as bad as the Alexander fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero's Dad View Post
                Maidana vs Devon. The textbook definition of a fighter having an off night. You might say it was a style thing or cos the ref let Devon get away with non-stop clinching but Chino has never looked so disinterested and subdued.

And Alexander lost and looked poor in practically every big fight he had.

The fight makes even less sense retrospectively. Even in that second Mayweather fighter he didn't look as bad as the Alexander fight.
                Maidana looked straight up drunk in that fight.

Comment

I never jumped on a "no way this guy loses" bandwagon the way I did Garcia/Matthysse. I just could not imagine Garcia beating him. No excuses here, Garcia completely surprised me and I'm so disappointed that he didn't capitalize on that win.

Comment

Not that it was anything big but when Joe Smith wrecked Fonfara I was kinda shocked cause Fonfara was probably the 3-4th best guy at 175 before Ward came along...

Comment

Khan vs Prescott
                      JMM vs Bradley (Juan was old but still good i thought that he can do it)

Comment

Working...
                      X