No announcement yet.

Rank "One & Done " HW champs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
    If you wanna call the "long count" and his single defense vs Tom Heeny a LEGACY, thats on you. Fact of the matter is he left just as the division was heating up! Legit 200+ lb men arrived on the scene and Tunney ran for the hills!

Tunney did what most light heavies would have done. tunney was either the best, or one of the best light heavies...he was just so good that he has real success as a heavyweight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      i can assure you i will not be addressing any question you put to me. Reason being, that your whole agenda on this forum is and always has been to "close down" a debate on boxing... i have tried many times to debate with you, i tried here on this particular thread. But as always, you make condascending comments until you close down the debate. You post those kind of comments when you are coming worst off and cannot find the answers to reply with...
      We clearly come from different places with regards to how a debate functions.

I believe having a large amount of detailed information to be the basis of any discussion. In many ways I have to agree with The Old LefHook's point of view on opinions, particularly on this forum.

If you feel my manner of injecting or requesting information is shutting down a debate, then you completely misunderstand my objective.

On the subject of Lennox Lewis, if I was in your position, where I believed the majority of people were not fully aware of all the information then I would create a "Lennox Lewis Career" thread where I could lead a discussion and allow the entire community to contribute information, allowing us to analysis his entire career.

If I offended you previously I apologise.

Comment

Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
        We clearly come from different places with regards to how a debate functions.

I believe having a large amount of detailed information to be the basis of any discussion. In many ways I have to agree with The Old LefHook's point of view on opinions, particularly on this forum.

If you feel my manner of injecting or requesting information is shutting down a debate, then you completely misunderstand my objective.

On the subject of Lennox Lewis, if I was in your position, where I believed the majority of people were not fully aware of all the information then I would create a "Lennox Lewis Career" thread where I could lead a discussion and allow the entire community to contribute information, allowing us to analysis his entire career.

If I offended you previously I apologise.
        i have tried many times over to discuss Lennox Lewis career on this forum.. No matter how much information is posted up as evidence, it is trashed by those who idolize Lewis. Those members who idolize Lennox simply will not accept his pitfalls. They will not accept Lewis chose not to fight certain opponents at various times during the 1990s, they are of the opinion those opponents were afraid of Lewis and it was their fault the fights did not happen....I have pointed out numerous times, "I don't have a problem" with Lewis or Hagler or any other fighter. I only want to debate boxing and how the history of it unfolded. Yet the mods even started a ~Lewis thread with my handle attached to it, They delete many of the posts i make on the forum which include comments on Lewis career. They for all their knowledge of the sport, refuse to debate his career. Feeling instead, that the thread they started up to ridicule me personally, will show me to be of bad judgement, character and my opinions laughable..So how do you debate with people who do not want to debate a particular fighter. Who rate Lennox as the VIP in Heavyweight history.. Yet on the other forums, their seems to be a 50/50 split. 50 sonnyboys for every 50 joeyzagz. unlike the 50/1 split on this forum.

Comment

I've already told you I mostly agree with you on Lennox and rank him the same as you.

Comment

Working...
          X