Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there been any heavyweight that can compare to Joe Joyce?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
    No one over 250 that's for sure. He's a new breed. Really have to stop him in his tracks and have stamina and or speed to defeat him ,maybe both ?
    Stiverne definitely had the right idea by attempting to counter with the right hand over Joyce's jab. I think he'll definitely struggle with a world class sharp shooter as he continues his ascent if he doesn't have a Plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
      Wilder put Stiverne to sleep.
      Joyce didn't do that and he was landing some bombs.
      Joyce is good but not great.
      He can't beat any of the top 3.
      You're missing the point of the thread, just highlighting the fact that he has a tremendous motor, that's all.

Comment

When your punches move at half the speed i'm sure you can throw double.

Comment

In terms of stamina nobody can hang with the Juggernaut.

Wilder took a whole 12 rounds and could not shift Stiverne.

Comment

I think Abel was correct. Watching Joyce today it seemed like I was watching 70 year old Foreman, though George probably hits harder

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
              Stiverne definitely had the right idea by attempting to counter with the right hand over Joyce's jab. I think he'll definitely struggle with a world class sharp shooter as he continues his ascent if he doesn't have a Plan B.
              I thought Stiverne had a chance, until i saw that right hand land in the first and Joyce didn't even react to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                I thought Stiverne had a chance, until i saw that right hand land in the first and Joyce didn't even react to it.
                I thought he had a punchers chance, but not after seeing him at the weigh in lol.

And yea, I was hoping that he gets caught with a few flush shots just to see how he holds up. To his credit he didn't even flinch lol.

Comment

It's good thing that Joyce and his team decided to pass on Luis Ortiz because had they not he would have been fucked up. Ortiz would have countered the shit out of him at will during those exchanges with Stiverne.

Comment

Working...
                  X