Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Manny Pacquiao a Promotional/Network Free Agent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Manny Pacquiao a Promotional/Network Free Agent?

I can't recall, but was his deal for two fights or three fights? I know he said he wants Haymon to guide the rest of his career, but what was the actual deal for? I thought I read two fights but wasn't sure?

If he is a free agent, he could start a bidding war for either Spence or Crawford. May end up getting even a crazier sum of money than he is getting right now.

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    I can't recall, but was his deal for two fights or three fights? I know he said he wants Haymon to guide the rest of his career, but what was the actual deal for? I thought I read two fights but wasn't sure?

If he is a free agent, he could start a bidding war for either Spence or Crawford. May end up getting even a crazier sum of money than he is getting right now.
    If I remember correctly, I don’t think the length of the deal was specified or even discussed. I think he just hired Al Haymon as his advisor, making him ostensibly a network free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      If I remember correctly, I don’t think the length of the deal was specified or even discussed. I think he just hired Al Haymon as his advisor, making him ostensibly a network free agent.
      Could be, thought he had signed a two or three fight deal with the PBC but not sure now.

If it was for the remainder of his career, then obviously bidding the PBC and TR against each other for his services isn't going to happen. And besides, he's getting 20M a fight with the PBC so he's probably happy staying put. IIRC, he wanted 20M or so to fight Crawford and Arum didn't want to give him that.

Comment

No, Pac is down with the PBC.

Comment

I dont think he has a promotional deal, he only has an advisory deal with Al Haymon. Haymon is not a promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            I dont think he has a promotional deal, he only has an advisory deal with Al Haymon. Haymon is not a promoter.
            Right, what is his deal with Haymon? How many fights was it for? Was it a two fight deal? Three fight deal? What was it?

Comment

Bob already said he loves Pacquiao too much make the Crawford fight. He thinks Crawford will inflict major long-term damage on Pac and he doesn't want to be responsible for that.

Comment

PBC has Manny Pacquiao and I’ve read somewhere that the contract he signed had a requirement that he must fight Errol

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  I’m about 99% sure he signed a three fight deal with PBC
                  I hope he sails away before entertaining the last two fights
                  Pac’s great and I think him leaving the sport on a high note would be best for him
                  Just feel like their going to try to make a superstar ( hence Bud or Errol ) off his name

Comment

Right, what is his deal with Haymon? How many fights was it for? Was it a two fight deal? Three fight deal? What was it?
                    To my knowledge you don’t sign that type of deal with Haymon cause he’s not “officially” a promoter. He’s an advisor.

An advisor’s role is to oversee the fighter’s interests, handle financial or contractual matters that a fighter wouldn’t be qualified to handle himself. A promoter looks to stage commercial events with the goal of making a profit, so is essentially employing the fighter for a few, whereas an advisor is employed by the fighter.

Haymon very much crosses over both lines due to his immense influence but officially he’s an advisor so signing a deal with Haymon will not likely have a time specification attached to it. A good example of this is Amir Khan, he’s remains a Haymon client but has fought freely across several networks including: Showtime, HBO, ESPN, Sky, BT, Channel 5 etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X