No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury signing with Matchroom?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Oooooh. Thurman would be a nice pickup & I've never really thought about him being the "US name" thats was being teased last week. Guys in real fights are unlikely to be the guy, but a guy in a bs fight like Thurman seems to have planned to test out his shoulder or w/e seems more likely.
    Hahah, its so easy to take little bits of info and start a rumour. Real reason Thurman's saying the Spence fight wont be til 2019 is because hes signing with HBO

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
      Don't think Pulev is smart for a come back fight though, not having seen Fury in years, I'd pick Pulev to beat him
      It certainly wouldn't be an ideal first fight & I'd be surprised if that was the move. Pulev is pretty stiff without the best defense doe. If Fury is 50% of what he was in 2015 I think he'd beat him. Might be closer or close-ish, but I'd side with Fury unless he's weighing in looking more like livestock than a human being.

Comment

It's a good move if true

Better than mtk global or whatever

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          Hahah, its so easy to take little bits of info and start a rumour. Real reason Thurman's saying the Spence fight wont be til 2019 is because hes signing with HBO
          Well to be fair there is starting a rumor & a rumor with some legs to it.

I'm seeing some more legit-ish people talking about this Fury/Matchroom thing & the legit legit people NEVER come out & hint too strongly or say outright things til its official like the legit-ish people do that get trickle down news from legit sources often times, but yea the Thurman thing seems plausible & not a bad idea for Hearn's US arm.

That said if Hearn were to pick up Thurman I think that would say without question that PBC is some shadow entity now more than a real entity looking to make moves & get a TV deal since Thurman has been the #1 poster boy of PBC the whole way. Thats why I think its less likely to be this "US guy", but who knows.

Comment

Well to be fair there is starting a rumor & a rumor with some legs to it.
            Yeah, the Fury one is very plausible, plus I havent heard anything from Warren in a while regarding Fury.

Comment

Fury may sign with hearn but I can guarantee the first fight is not Pulev.

Comment

The only reason I think so is because Fury posted that video on his social media account claiming he has a announcement next week.

Comment

Why not? What can warren do for him?

Comment

This is the rumor all over twitter today.

And Kubrat Pulev as the potential first opponent.

Thoughts on how legit this is? Good move, bad move if true?
                    I think Fury joining Matchroom is just a rumour, same with Pulev being his first fight back.

People have seen both Fury and Hearn talking about important announcements coming up, and they are running away with it, imo.

Pulez would not be a good choice for a comeback opponent for Fury. If Tyson isn't 100%, that could easily turn into a boring jab and hug fest, which is the last thing Fury wants after all the "boring, boring" shit he got after the highlight fight of his career, against Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      I think Fury joining Matchroom is just a rumour, same with Pulev being his first fight back.

People have seen both Fury and Hearn talking about important announcements coming up, and they are running away with it, imo.
                      And the exclusive Sky interview Tyson did gots people talking. One would think if he was with Warren it'd be on BoxNation. Plus it just makes sense since Joshua vs Fury is a fight being talked about.

Pulez would not be a good choice for a comeback opponent for Fury.
                      I don't disagree with this & it does seem like this is more on the rumor side of the |rumor----might be legit| scale of this whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X