Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rate Harry Wills on your HW lists?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucas Machine View Post
    It can't be forgotten that Jack Sharkey toyed with Wills as if he was a second rate sparring partner. Did you forget about that?
    I also noticed that Wills was 37 and washed up when he fought Sharkey. Or did you forget about that?

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas Machine View Post
      I don't agree that Dempsey has the better resume which is why I did not respond. However, I will respond by telling you that I do not agree with that assumption. Dempsey won the heavyweight championship in smashing fashion. He won the world championship that mattered which is a lot more impressive than anything on Wills resume. It can't be forgotten that Jack Sharkey toyed with Wills as if he was a second rate sparring partner. Did you forget about that?
      Its inly more impressive he won the heavyweight championship because he was given the opportunity he EARNED, unlike Wills. And I'll ask you yet AGAIN....how can you consider Wills slightly more than a journeyman when he has fought and beat a higher caliber of competition than Dempsey?

Have I forgotten about the Sharkey fight? Lol, no. Have you forgotten that was a nearly 38 year old Wills who had been off nearly a year? Dempsey should have manned up and given him his rightful shot between 1919-1923.

Comment

Working...
      X