Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury - Boxing Insiders Weigh In on Scoring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who scored this **** for wilder **** you. Dont ever watch boxing again.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      Scoring this fight a draw is not a travesty.... I thought Fury won, but I could see a draw as well.

I had it 114-112 Fury, but 113-113 is not crazy especially since Wilder is the champ so the close rounds should be in his favor.
      Stop being a boxing fan. Bull ****

Comment

Originally posted by Granath View Post
        Regardless of some people who are mathematically challenged, the larger point is that there was no robbery when scoring was truly split. Some on this board are claiming that 90% of the people think Fury won. This shows those statements to be absolute BS - the boxing media thinks it was very close battle.

This is unlike (for example) the Canelo/GGG fight where the overwhelming number of people thought GGG won: 34 for GGG, 2 for Canelo, 15 for Draw (http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ca...cards.3826867/). That was a robbery. This wasn't.
        even the house fighter’s own network said fury got robbed. U must have missed PAulies rant.

Comment

Oh I'm sure Bob Velin's scorecard in favor of Wilder had nothing to do with him working for PBC,....
          What a fuccing joke asking him who won!

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            even the house fighter’s own network said fury got robbed. U must have missed PAulies rant.
            I'm glad that a commentator doesn't just have to tout his network's fighter. That shows that they're free to say what they want. But his opinion isn't any more special because he happens to be the color guy on Showtime right now. I didn't always agree with RJJ or George Foreman either and I'm sure you didn't either.

Be careful about holding up one opinion as an appeal to authority. Not only is it a logical fallacy, it can be used against you when you disagree with it next week or next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
              I'm glad they posted this. Some people just can't admit that it was a close scrap.

I had it 113-113
              No it wasn't! Quit lying to yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
                Wilder was the aggressor but it wasn't effective at all.

Fury was the ring general.

You score on ring generalship as much as you do with effective punching.
                Nobody listens to this fact.

The ones scoring for Wilder are doing so because of the knockdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbamladen View Post
                  I had it 113-113. Fury gave wilder a lesson in boxing. Wilder gave fury a lesson on power. Wilder won round 1, 2, 4, 9, and 12. Round 9 and 12 were 10-8 rounds. That's 113-113 all day. The knockdowns were the difference. Had either one not happened....fury would be champion right now.
                  Wilder is this you??

Comment

I thought Fury edged it out but the ref gave him extra recovery time that might have robbed Wilder of a KO win. A few respected boxing writers scored the fight for Wilder and others thought a draw was fair. I don't think it was a robbery and it's mainly Fury fans saying that.

Comment

They need to ask all those people if they consider 30 seconds a normal 10 count. Fury was allowed to recover from the knockdown for half of the round. The is no denying that. It was a robbery. A fighter was knocked out and didn't make the 10 count, yet was allowed to continue anyway. First time ever that a fighter gets a draw and a ko for the same fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X