Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury - Boxing Insiders Weigh In on Scoring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
    Looking at the Trout vs Canelo bout punch stats. According to the ones that thought Fury won against Wilder, should have favored Trout also. For some reason, they didn't.
    Are you strawmanning or are there specific examples you can point to?

Live, i gave every round to Fury that he wasn't knocked down in... but i was obviously too excited to score. On replay I reckon R2 was definitely Wilders. R3 would be an easy give too depending on who you favoured going in. R1 could be shared.

I struggle to find another round for Wilder though?

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
      I think if people rewatched with sound off and also note who is the aggressor, they might have it differently.

Most rds did not have a clear cut winner. But with 2 KDs, all Wilder needed was 2 other rds for a draw. I think he won at least 2 of those 10 rds.
      I think if people wrote with brains ON and also learned how to calculate up to 10 then they might have not posted such rubbish like this.

12 rounds + 2 KDs = 14 points total = 7x2
      SO Wilder needed at least 3 Rounds more [7- (2Rds+2KDs)] to not loose bringing result to draw.

Comment

I think if people rewatched with sound off and also note who is the aggressor, they might have it differently.

Most rds did not have a clear cut winner. But with 2 KDs, all Wilder needed was 2 other rds for a draw. I think he won at least 2 of those 10 rds.

Unlike say GGG-Canelo I, this was no robbery.

But Kudos to Fury, with such a brief comeback against stiffs, this was a remarkable achievement.

I think a rematch might be even better and seems to favor Fury.
        you are just flat out wrong. 2 10-8 rounds plus 2 other rounds gets Wilder an L not a win. 114-112 would be the score with Fury the winner if Wilder won 4 rounds plus 2 knockdowns.

Comment

Unlike say GGG-Canelo I, this was no robbery.

But Kudos to Fury, with such a brief comeback against stiffs, this was a remarkable achievement.

I think a rematch might be even better and seems to favor Fury.
          Wilder was the aggressor but it wasn't effective at all.

Fury was the ring general.

You score on ring generalship as much as you do with effective punching.

Comment

Regardless of some people who are mathematically challenged, the larger point is that there was no robbery when scoring was truly split. Some on this board are claiming that 90% of the people think Fury won. This shows those statements to be absolute BS - the boxing media thinks it was very close battle.

This is unlike (for example) the Canelo/GGG fight where the overwhelming number of people thought GGG won: 34 for GGG, 2 for Canelo, 15 for Draw (http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ca...cards.3826867/). That was a robbery. This wasn't.

Comment

I had Fury winning the fight, but I can see 113-113, but the judge that had Wilder 115-111 was way off, should have to explain his card.

Comment

Originally posted by Granath View Post
                Regardless of some people who are mathematically challenged, the larger point is that there was no robbery when scoring was truly split. Some on this board are claiming that 90% of the people think Fury won. This shows those statements to be absolute BS - the boxing media thinks it was very close battle.

This is unlike (for example) the Canelo/GGG fight where the overwhelming number of people thought GGG won: 34 for GGG, 2 for Canelo, 15 for Draw (http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ca...cards.3826867/). That was a robbery. This wasn't.
                I was thinking that lol I dont think GGG v Canelo I should be called a "robbery", but this fight wasn't even close to that. Fury hit the canvass twice and the first 5 rounds were open to interpretation. If you're a person who values "aggression" you could've had Wilder up 7-5. I personally scored it 7-5 Fury, but those early rounds were not all his.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  you are just flat out wrong. 2 10-8 rounds plus 2 other rounds gets Wilder an L not a win. 114-112 would be the score with Fury the winner if Wilder won 4 rounds plus 2 knockdowns.
                  Thank you.
                  I was wrong and you are absolutely correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
                    I think if people wrote with brains ON and also learned how to calculate up to 10 then they might have not posted such rubbish like this.

12 rounds + 2 KDs = 14 points total = 7x2
                    SO Wilder needed at least 3 Rounds more [7- (2Rds+2KDs)] to not loose bringing result to draw.
                    I have already acknowledged my error. Thank you again.
                    Getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      I'm glad they posted this. Some people just can't admit that it was a close scrap.

I had it 113-113
                      All this article tells us is some of those people can't score a fight for crap and don't need to be scoring fights. Just because someone has the exposure to be asked via such interviews, doesn't make them any more an expert than some of us here.

One even literally said some rounds "could have gone Wilders way".....you're a darn journalist being asked to give your score and support it and you can't even back your own score with confidence, and conviction? GTFOH. I can break down why I score a round for a fighter in any fight, with anyone. I am a consistent scorer. Pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                      X