Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury - Boxing Insiders Weigh In on Scoring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweden2716 View Post
    I had Fury winning the fight, but I can see 113-113, but the judge that had Wilder 115-111 was way off, should have to explain his card.
    It’s truly simple to explain. Judges do not have the absolute view that we have as viewers. We can see every hit, every miss and if we missed anything slow motion replay is there to remind us what was landed. Judges do not get that luxury. To us what may be an absolute round one judge clear on the other side of the ring may have only caught a hit or two of the 5 punch barrage. I don’t know how after 100+ years of boxing folks have yet to figure this out. Even with our vantage point and advantages over real judges the fight across the media still was close so I can certainly see how one judge had this score

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      All this article tells us is some of those people can't score a fight for crap and don't need to be scoring fights. Just because someone has the exposure to be asked via such interviews, doesn't make them any more an expert than some of us here.

One even literally said some rounds "could have gone Wilders way".....you're a darn journalist being asked to give your score and support it and you can't even back your own score with confidence, and conviction? GTFOH. I can break down why I score a round for a fighter in any fight, with anyone. I am a consistent scorer. Pathetic.
      Yes, we realize that. If Tyson Fury fights, he wins all your rounds. You're very consistent.

Please don't take offense as I'm just kidding. I've sat at the table for some fights here in FL.

If someone puts heavy stock into Ring Generalship and theatrics they're going to score heavily for Fury. If someone puts more emphasis into clean, hard punching and aggressiveness Fury doesn't score nearly as well. Since scoring is subjective and the criteria is somewhat loosely defined (say, unlike the Olympics which is a disaster because it's so rigid), some weigh some aspects differently than others. So long as they conform within the guidelines, neither is necessarily wrong.

Where a decision becomes a robbery is where one fighter consistently has significantly more cleaner, harder punches and loses - aka Pac v Bradley 1 or something like that. It's tough to figure out what some judges are watching in those cases. In this one, it's quite obvious that the ringside scoring was (a) close and (b) went both ways. Just because you disagree with it doesn't make it a travesty.
      Last edited by Granath; 12-02-2018, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I had it 113-113. Fury gave wilder a lesson in boxing. Wilder gave fury a lesson on power. Wilder won round 1, 2, 4, 9, and 12. Round 9 and 12 were 10-8 rounds. That's 113-113 all day. The knockdowns were the difference. Had either one not happened....fury would be champion right now.

Comment

I thought Fury won and came away with more respect for him after this fight.

But a draw was reasonable too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
            Looking at the Trout vs Canelo bout punch stats. According to the ones that thought Fury won against Wilder, should have favored Trout also. For some reason, they didn't.
            Punch stats do not matter. You have to look at them round by round not the total for the fight. A fight is scored 1 round at a time.

When will.you guys learn this.

Comment

Yeah, they should definitely take that last guys score at face value. He's a PBC employee and basically said he gave wilder rounds because he threw punches even though none of them were landing lol.

He was going after it so I gave him 6 rounds lol... great scoring there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                Punch stats do not matter. You have to look at them round by round not the total for the fight. A fight is scored 1 round at a time.

When will.you guys learn this.
                Exactly, and it's crazy that people are saying fury won all rounds except for the two KD's. It was a close fight. I thought Wilder won.

Comment

This fight has left a bad taste in my mouth

Comment

Last night I saw it as a draw. I thought fury boxed the shoes off wilder. However he was in active clowning around and landed nothing of significance most of the fight. So I saw opportunities in which wilder got a few rounds from just being more active. Had he not knocked fury down then yes of course Fury won the fight. I’ll make the argument that fury could win by 1 round. But I could not do the same by wilder. But a draw was fair. A robbery it was not. Let’s run it back. I’m glad people are coming to thier senses.

Comment

Scoring this fight a draw is not a travesty.... I thought Fury won, but I could see a draw as well.

I had it 114-112 Fury, but 113-113 is not crazy especially since Wilder is the champ so the close rounds should be in his favor.

Comment

Working...
                      X