No announcement yet.

Pre-fight meals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Only thing i know about fibre is its supposed to help the bowels. Why does one want to stay away from fibre leading up to a fight?
    Exactly, fibre is good but not near a fight. You don't want to be needing to go to the toilet etc when you are about to fight, can you imagine needing to go and you get hit in the stomach? Bad idea. You want high carbs, low fat, low protein, low fibre. Near a fight like 1-2 hours if u want to eat, eat like half a banana and some raisins, plus a bit of honey.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
      Thanks for the post.
      Isn't Pasta slow release energy and fruits fast release?
      I love my fruit smoothies but would you get all your energy needs from this only?

Pasta needs days beforce the glucose is actually in your muscles and can be used effectively.

Fruits contain all great vitamins, minerals and fast carbs that can be absorbed quickly before a fight.

Pro also drink smoothies before a fight.

Comment

I would say go for a banana, I would not suggest high protein, the reason protein takes longer to digest, Carbs are faster to digest plus you need the glycogen since boxing is a quick burst of energy is required

Comment

I eat pretty dry before a weigh in. Granola bars, power bars, etc. while limiting my water.

Afterwards, I usually eat something high in carbs like a sandwich or pasta to give me energy for the fight that night.

Comment

Working...
          X