No announcement yet.

GGG v. Canelo may be for one belt come September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenMan93 View Post
    Oh ok. Pacquiao's "retirement" came after the Bradley fight right. I don't consider 6 months out of the ring a retirement lol. Is there an official "organization" that lists all the lineal champions in all divisions? I would appreciate a link if there is one. Or I could just google it if you hook me up with a name.

What fight would you consider more worthy of being contested for the lineal title anyways?
    Pacquiao-Bradley IV
    Thurman-Garcia or
    Brook-Spence?
    I'm in line with cyberzoneboxing, these other panels vary in opinion on lineage but I prefer the old school purist standard by the CZB.

Brook-Spence for the linear? your kidding lineal, is not like ranking ; the #2. has to beat Pac ( Thurman) ' To be the man, you got to beat THE man'.

That would be Thurman vs. Pac right now but that could change if either takes a L...If Pac loses to a welter the victor becomes lineal. If Thurman takes an L his conqueror becomes the #2. in the division.

Right now Spence-Brook would still be behind Thurman in the #3. spot.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      I'm in line with cyberzoneboxing, these other panels vary in opinion on lineage but I prefer the old school purist standard by the CZB.

Brook-Spence for the linear? your kidding lineal, is not like ranking ; the #2. has to beat Pac ( Thurman) ' To be the man, you got to beat THE man'.

That would be Thurman vs. Pac right now but that could change if either takes a L...If Pac loses to a welter the victor becomes lineal. If Thurman takes an L his conqueror becomes the #2. in the division.

Right now Spence-Brook would still be behind Thurman in the #3. spot.
      I meant which fight would you choose to be for the lineal before any of those three fight took place. Because you said since Mayweather retied, than the lineal title goes to the #1 and #2 ranked guys in the division when they fight. Reason why I ask is because the #1 and #2 in the division is just someone's opinion. Some people could view Brook-Spence as the two best welterweight fighters in the division you know what I mean? So I'm just assuming right now that when Mayweather retired, you considered Pacquiao and Bradley to be the best in the division? Just curious on your opinion.
      Last edited by GreenMan93; 05-13-2017, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Canelo has said he isn't fighting for the WBC belt. I don't think Canelo is doing the IBF 2nd day weigh-in. I also don't see him being bothered with those IBF mandatories. When it comes down to it the WBA may be the only belt up for grabs in September. If GGG loses the belts will spread out and become vacant, right?
        Doubt it, It's not his fault that Canelo isn't willing to fight for those belts, I will say that for a guy who apparently isn't that damn big why can't he agree to IBF rules of a second-day weigh-in?

I dunno If I agree with these rulings since it puts someone at a disadvantage, but I will credit Golovkin for being willing to do whatever it takes to unify the division, unlike Canelo who ever so slightly as information comes out is losing respect.

Comment

Working...
        X