No announcement yet.

GGG v. Canelo may be for one belt come September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG v. Canelo may be for one belt come September

Canelo has said he isn't fighting for the WBC belt. I don't think Canelo is doing the IBF 2nd day weigh-in. I also don't see him being bothered with those IBF mandatories. When it comes down to it the WBA may be the only belt up for grabs in September. If GGG loses the belts will spread out and become vacant, right?

Will be dope if Lara comes on stage again asking Nelo for Lara II with the WBA benefits. When Gennady loses, I wonder if his fans will say like One Punch Terry Trakas, ''Golovkin will up when he wants to.''

Comment

Loeffler said the WBC will be on the line

Comment

That's when Haymon springs his power move and moves in on the middleweight division, think hes moving his fighters into position to fight for the vacant belts whether Canelo wins or Golovkin moves up.

Comment

The RING magazine title or WBA are the most worthy if the WBC is not an option. IBO, IBF, are for minor leagues...and realy the WBO has barely any lineage to respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
            Yes for Golovkin, as will the IBF, doesn't mean Canelo will be fighting for them. If Golovkin loses the titles would become vacant.

Comment

Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
              I think GGG will be defending it but Canelo won't be fighting for it. Kinda like Canelo-Cotto but the other way around
              Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Yes for Golovkin, as will the IBF, doesn't mean Canelo will be fighting for them. If Golovkin loses the titles would become vacant.
              Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Canelo has said he isn't fighting for the WBC belt. I don't think Canelo is doing the IBF 2nd day weigh-in. I also don't see him being bothered with those IBF mandatories. When it comes down to it the WBA may be the only belt up for grabs in September. If GGG loses the belts will spread out and become vacant, right?
                I dunno anymore but that onion gif is mmmmm

Comment

Good. F#ck belts. #1 vs #2 makes the champion not some tacky looking belt.

Comment

All belts will be on the line.. weather the winner keeps them is to be seen after.

Comment

Working...
                    X