No announcement yet.

Cutting food stamps further is inhumane

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
    The U.S. throws away 63 million tons of food each year and that is likely an underestimate.
    Blame the ambulance lawyers for that. We've become such a litigious nation, that if someone consumes that food and they get sick, the ambulance chasing lawyers would be over it.

A lot of food places throws away food because of that reason. Real talk!

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
      The U.S. throws away 63 million tons of food each year and that is likely an underestimate.
      Then maybe we should feed it to others instead of throwing poison on it so nobody else could have it. But I guess that's so mice and rats don't eat it. But why not give it to homeless shelters or food banks?

Comment

Too many lazy broke people leeching off the system. Food stamps should be reserved for the most extreme cases like disabled people who can't work or the elderly. I cringe when I see able bodied young people using food stamps. Those same people use their welfare checks to buy nice clothes and go out partying. They go broke every two weeks, don't do anything to better their situation, and blame rich people for their empty bank accounts. Nothing wrong with reigning in a system that promotes laziness and stagnation.

Comment

The scenario you envision does not exist. You are believing right wing think tank talking points not based upon reality.

A strong social safety net is imperative within a highly cyclical economy.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
            Too many lazy broke people leeching off the system. Food stamps should be reserved for the most extreme cases like disabled people who can't work or the elderly. I cringe when I see able bodied young people using food stamps. Those same people use their welfare checks to buy nice clothes and go out partying. They go broke every two weeks, don't do anything to better their situation, and blame rich people for their empty bank accounts. Nothing wrong with reigning in a system that promotes laziness and stagnation.
            How about just reigning in those individuals and letting people that need the benefits and use them properly to keep them?

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
              Yes but now your trying to tell them what to eat.
              America land of the free right.
              Land of the free is just propaganda. We all know that or should know that.

And like I said I think it should be universally applied anyway cuz I don't think there is much argument on certain food choices being of lower quality & eventually leading one to negative health outcomes which the government often times has to foot the bill for.

Comment

If you want to eat, you work plain and simple.

Comment

Democrats wants refugees than helpijg our homeless citizens

Comment

Working...
                  X