• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Orlando Salido (43-13-4)
    &
    Glen Johnson (54-21-2)

Combined these guys have 34 losses. Guys with a lot less losses than this are considered bums. Is there a difference? & y?

Fyi, i like both guys. I picked these 2 bcuz ive always thought of them as having similar careers.
    Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    It's not necessarily about who you lose to, it's about who you beat.
    you are who you fight.

if all a guy is good for is beating bums, then he just the best bum in that div.

lets use mike tyson and 3g...

prior to stepping up, mike was the baddest man on the planet. as soon as he got beaten, all of a sudden excuses came flying out.

brook is considered by most to be 3g's best win that says it all

to answer the question, gj is a bum. os used to be one.

Comment

Why would anyone consider Johsnon a "bum"? He was once a top level fighter in the LHW division and was named fighter of the year in 2005. I think Johsnon was underrated a big part of his career and then after 2004 he became a bit overrated but he was always a really good and tough fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        Johnson is a glorified bum in my book.

I put more stock into Salido.
        Haha no way man. Johnson was as tough as they come and at his peak was a world class champion. You don't win Fighter of the Year (2004) by being a glorified bum (Clinton Woods 2/6/04, Roy Jones KO 9/24/04, Antonio Tarver 12/18/04). That was back-to-back-to-back wins of top 5 light heavyweights at the time. He was a beast during his peak.

Another thing about Johnson, before he got really old, most all of his fights that he lost were really close. Sometimes he got robbed, other times he simply lost in close fights. A glorified bum isn't going to go 12 extremely close tough rounds with world-class champions and top ranked fighters. Guys like Chad Dawson and many others. Before he was basically shot due to age, the only guy who really kicked his ass was Bernard Hopkins. Everyone else were in tough fights, most of them being very close.
        Last edited by ИATAS; 02-19-2017, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Orlando Salido (43-13-4)
          &
          Glen Johnson (54-21-2)

Combined these guys have 34 losses. Guys with a lot less losses than this are considered bums. Is there a difference? & y?

Fyi, i like both guys. I picked these 2 bcuz ive always thought of them as having similar careers.
          Those guys fought mma type matchup schedule.. hence their mma-ish looking record, and hence why these 2 fighters are beloved by fans. They constantly took tough fights..

Fans aren't stupid

Comment

Salido a bum? In fight of the year, hammered Lopez twice and beat Lomachenko. Boxing fans have to be the most demanding and fickle spoilt ****s of any sport. This is why UFC fighters fight whoever whenever, losses don't mean **** with their fans..in boxing lose a few fights, and you're a ****ing has-been.

Comment

Orlando Salido (43-13-4)
              &
              Glen Johnson (54-21-2)

Yeah ut they also beat a lot of good names too and showed themselves to be good if not very good at the world level.

A bum has no world level pedigree.

Comment

BUM----someone who performs below his skill level.

Ali had a "bum" performance against Leon Spinks in their first fight because he trained to bring weight down but not to fight at his best ability.

BUM has NOTHING to do with skill level it has to do with your performance!!!

Can anyone learn the technical terms in the sport before they use them? Dumb azzes!

Ray

Comment

My definition of a bum is who you beat, not who you lost to. Just because a fighter is inconsistent, or had problems in his life and performed below their skill levels doesn't mean he is a bum.

Comment

I consider them warriors who weren't afraid to take risks. They have numerous great wins on their resume and took some Ls from fighting top opposition often. Going into other fighters backyards and playing the B side with the chips stacked against them. Fighters that understand that if you don't get the stoppage, you will walk out of that ring with an L no matter how many rounds you win.

Great fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                      No..you have to look at how they performed against top comp..people with less losses performed far worse
                      True. And factor in how many narrow loss decisions each had on the road. Bhop was the only one who dominated johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X