Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Else Hopes Boxing's Next Big Megastar Is A Bigger Guy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    HW boxing used to be incredible. i don't think a lot of people understand just how freakishly muhammad ali was at boxing.

HW boxing IS boxing to most people. Need it to come back..

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      the man in my avatar....

Too old

No defense

Too stiff

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        HW boxing used to be incredible. i don't think a lot of people understand just how freakishly muhammad ali was at boxing.

You dont even need to go back that far. Watching the 90's heavyweights is great fun too. Not just the talent of the fighters, but the atmosphere and sense of occasion as well.

The arenas were absolutely rocking. Even for Lewis fights, and he was considered an unpopular HW champ at the time.

Comment

Basically, we dont want this to be the image of our sport

And i think thats fair enough even if you are a hardcore fan. Boxing is a sport that sells itself on its toughness and machismo, and we dont want the star of the sport to be dwarfed by a female tennis player

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Basically, we dont want this to be the image of our sport

And i think thats fair enough even if you are a hardcore fan. Boxing is a sport that sells itself on its toughness and machismo, and we dont want the star of the sport to be dwarfed by a female tennis player
            What a photo, lol.

Joshua would be a great poster boy for the sport. The man looks like he is carved from marble.

Joshua says all the right things, has that big smile and you know he can handle himself in all types of media occassions, and to be fair to him he seems to care about the sport in that his undercards are good.

Let's face it if David Haye (and I do like David Haye) was in Joshua's position his undercard would consist of Tony Dodson fighting a man picked at random from the crowd.

Comment

I don't care what weight class he fights at or how big he is. As long as he fights the best and puts on good performances

Comment

Nothing sells the sport like a great heavyweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  the man in my avatar....
                  does he even speak english.. slim chances of being a "mega star"

and hes over 30 lol

Comment

This time last year it seemed like it might turn out that way with Fury-Wlad II and Wilder-Povetkin the sort of fights where the winner would have good momentum and could face each other, AJ, Ortiz, Parker and keep that going, keep the fans interested in the division. Hopefully by the end of the year the 4 belts are in the hands of 2 guys and 2018 sees a big showdown between them that gets global attention.

Comment

If Joshua gets past Wlad in dominating fashion, then he would be on his way towards that.

Comment

Working...
                      X