Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury Rematch: Purse Bid Set For February 5, 60-40 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Remember when all of these fan girls were claiming Whyte didn’t want to fight Ortiz as a second eliminator? Well this was why. It would have taken whoever won another 2 years to get a forced shot if Wilder was still the champion. I have no doubt that the WBC were protecting Wilder then, now it’s became even more clearer. It’s pure disgraceful and disgusting.
    If Whyte beat Ortiz and became the second mandatory, wouldn't he also have to accept step-aside money in order for Wilder to fight Fury as a voluntary. He still would have been "in line" behind" Breazeale but he would still have the right to fight Wilder this year. Recall, Breazeale has taken step-aside money on two occasions to facilitate the Ortiz and Fury fights.

Comment

No my theory is on the basis that they prevent Whyte from getting his shot. Whether he beats Wilder or not is not the point, where Fury is a better fight, tougher challenge etc is NOT the point. The strictly use the “Breazeale would sue us” BS excuse to prevent Whyte from fighting Whyte.

Am I bothered as a fan? Yes and no, Yes because it’s shady and disgusting, no because we get to see a better challenge on paper. Still doesn’t make it right. Whyte at that point last year was prevented from getting his shot..... Simple
      What shot did he have that he was prevented from getting. He declined the final eliminator and gave the WBC total control. Their rules are explicit that the silver champ/no. 1 contender is NOT the mandatory. Hearn confused a lot of people screaming that when in fact per their rules Whyte was not. To me, two things were not done that would have put Whyte in position to be mando.

Fight Breazeale in lieu of Parker. Fight Ortiz in lieu of Parker or Chisora. Now I don't blame him for either decision because he raised his profile with the Parker fight and made good money with the Chisora fight, but the blueprint was laid out for him.

Comment

• see? when two wanna fight, there's no drama about purse split

Comment

Yeah they are protecting Wilder alright. No two ways about it.
          Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          by ordering him to fight Tyson Fury ???

wow, great protection

he will probably lose..... again
          Tyson Fury wore a WBC cap every day during the lead up to the fight. He has the potential to become a real cross-over star if he beats Wilder. Maybe the WBC like the idea of Fury becoming their champion and representing them in the future.

Just a thought.
          Last edited by kafkod; 01-16-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Wow. But I'd much rather see Fury vs Joshua because Fury already beat wilder regardless of what the judges said

Comment

• Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
              WTF would Wilder not want to go to purse bid? Wilder's side has much more money than Fury's, there s hedge funds behind PBC, the last thing Warren wants is for this to go to purse bid, because they will lose, and his fighter will get a smaller cut than his last performance justifies.

It's really annoying to me that people from the UK actually don't do their research as far as Haymon is concerned.
              You're stupid. Why did Haymon get outbid for the Wilder-Povetkin fight? Because haymon doesn't want to lose money. He'll only bid what he thinks he'll make back.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Tyson Fury wore a WBC cap every day during the lead up to the fight. He has the potential to become a real cross-over star if he beats Wilder. Maybe the WBC like the idea of Fury becoming their champion and representing them in the future.

Just a thought.
                Of course I have no issue with it. Am referring to them using Breazeale as an excuse months ago. The we would be sued...

Comment

• Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
                  WTF would Wilder not want to go to purse bid? Wilder's side has much more money than Fury's, there s hedge funds behind PBC, the last thing Warren wants is for this to go to purse bid, because they will lose, and his fighter will get a smaller cut than his last performance justifies.

It's really annoying to me that people from the UK actually don't do their research as far as Haymon is concerned.
                  Frank Warren is backed by BT Sport. If you think they are short of money .. think again. It was BT who were funding the $50million guarantee Finkel offered to AJ.

Also, Eddie Hearn is saying he will bid, "a f***ing fortune" with DAZN money, if he gets a chance at it.

Comment

Of course I have no issue with it. Am referring to them using Breazeale as an excuse months ago. The we would be sued...
                    Yes, that was what they were saying back then. It will be interesting to hear what Breazeale says about this. Maybe he's been paid off with a step aside fee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Breno G View Post
                      see? when two wanna fight, there's no drama about purse split
                      Would the WBC have ordered Wilder's team to make the fight if it would have happened regardless? Sanctioning it would have been enough. Remember that they can't order Fury to do anything - this is a one way directive.

I suspect they saw Wilder making other plans...

Comment

Working...
                      X