Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: Like I Said - I'm Not Gone From Boxing, I'm Still Here!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: Like I Said - I'm Not Gone From Boxing, I'm Still Here!

Eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao produced a dominant display to stun Lucas Matthysse with a seventh round knockout and claim the WBA "regular" welterweight title. (photo by Lai Seng Sin/Retuters).
    [Click Here To Read More]

This pretty much confirms it.

I'm guessing his minimum purse will be $20 million lol I could see the bids getting near $30 million. As long as it's timed right. Have him fight in Malaysia or another global spot that lines up with US primetime (can't fight here apparently because the IRS is on him.)

Top Rank - Loma
    Showtime - Mikey or Broner
    Hearn - Khan

It'll be interesting to see who wins this auction lol

If Manny was smart he'd fight Broner, beat him, then squeeze two checks out of this whole thing lol

Comment

question:

why doesn’t the IRS take a cut from the actual purses so the fighters don’t fall into this problem time and time again?

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
        question:

why doesn’t the IRS take a cut from the actual purses so the fighters don’t fall into this problem time and time again?
        Good question??? But then again bigger #'s equal higher taxes if you dont know all the loopholes...

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          This pretty much confirms it.

I'm guessing his minimum purse will be $20 million lol I could see the bids getting near $30 million. As long as it's timed right. Have him fight in Malaysia or another global spot that lines up with US primetime (can't fight here apparently because the IRS is on him.)

Top Rank - Loma
          Showtime - Mikey or Broner
          Hearn - Khan

It'll be interesting to see who wins this auction lol

If Manny was smart he'd fight Broner, beat him, then squeeze two checks out of this whole thing lol
          Im wondering how Bob Arum didnt have his grubby fingers all over this fight???

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
            question:

Because the stated purses aren't usually the only money received by the fighters. So there is usually an audit before the tax liability is established.

There's a lot of money coming from multiple sources in boxing. Making matters worse, it all comes at varying times. So it's tough to pin down.

I think you should do some homework on fighter advances. I think the "tax" issues will make more sense to you then.

Comment

The fight seemed a lil staged and Matty looked like a duck but Pac skill wise had it ALL going at once last night! His combos, angles, and shot selection were perfect. His speed was relentless. Ill have to rewatch the fight but I saw no flaws in his game

He scored an A+ last night. Good-Job Mr. Pacman.

Comment

Where is De La Hoya with all his "Matthysse might end Pacquiao's career" bullshėt?

Incidentally, Matthysse is as shot as you can get, and not from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  Im wondering how Bob Arum didnt have his grubby fingers all over this fight???
                  I've been thinking about that too. I suspect Manny's inability to fight domestically has something to do with it.

Bob can't really control him if he doesn't have US courts at his disposal. A contract is only as good as your ability to enforce it.

Comment

"Like I said, I'm not gone [from boxing]. I'm still there. It's just a matter of time to take rest and then get it back," said Pacquiao to GMA News.

mufasa is coming for that ass!

Comment

Working...
                    X