Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would a young Mike Tyson fair against the real big heavyweights of today.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
    I agree, with a sledge hammer AND a battle axe, Tyson could beat Wilder. I would also pick Tyson to beat Wilder if he were allowed to bring his pet Tiger into the ring.

But in a real fight, without weapons or exotic pets, Wilder makes it look easy. If Tyson thought Frank Bruno hit hard, he'll sh'it himself when he meets Wilder.
    Good ol' Rusty!

I think even Bruno himself, on a good day, would knock Wilder out... unless Deontay hits the target first, his only chance against both.

Just look at those skinny legs to understand, and look no further than the Luis Ortiz fight to see how Wilder's destiny was already in sight... Tyson would have been too quick and too strong for Deontay, IMHO. He would break him in two halves with body shots.
    Last edited by Tatabanya; 11-09-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment

In my opinion Tyson would tear through the fighters of today just the same as he did in the late 80's.......Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
        - -Lotsa fan boy worship going.

Guys with size, skills, and strength like Fury and AJ would be 50-50 much like the Tony Tucker fight.

In 2007 we had a developing Wlad and later Vitali comeback after a 4 yr retirement.

We saw Ike and Tua in the mix as well for a short time and plenty more. Big guys can be beat, but having to run a gauntlet of them on the way up is a new, nay daunting Herculean task.

Im talking Mike with his HOF team intact.
        That team was indestructible. I believe that Mike losing Cus was the reason for his downfall.
        I feel like I am just stating the obvious........Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 11-09-2020, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
          SO mitch green lasts the distance, but guys who flush turds bigger than Tyson are lucky to win ONE round!!?!?!?!?

Wilder actually lays dudes out. He doesn't need 5 million punches to do it. Look what Wilder did to Breazeale, then watch Tyson's fights with Bruno, or the Holmes fight. Seriously, son, I expect better.
          Wilder leaves his chin wide open and he'd struggle to hit prime Tyson . Couple of bangs on the chin from Iron Mike and its over

Comment

Mike Tyson is boxing today would be around top 10 HW. Did someone here compare Tucker to Tyson Fury! LMAO. Tyson vs Chisora, Tyson vs Whyte, Tyson vs Povetkin, those are good 60-40/50-50 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              In my opinion Tyson would tear through the fighters of today just the same as he did in the late 80's.......Rockin'
              He tore through Mitch Greene?

Why didn't Tyson keep tearing through fighters in the 90's? Oh yeah, Buster Douglas.

Tyson would be out of his league today.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                Good ol' Rusty!

I think even Bruno himself, on a good day, would knock Wilder out... unless Deontay hits the target first, his only chance against both.

Just look at those skinny legs to understand, and look no further than the Luis Ortiz fight to see how Wilder's destiny was already in sight... Tyson would have been too quick and too strong for Deontay, IMHO. He would break him in two halves with body shots.
                When did Bruno ever have a "good day"!?

Ortiz destroys Bruno. Hell, even Fluffy would work him over.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                  Good ol' Rusty!

Hearns had skinny legs, how did that work out for Duran and Cuevas?

If skinny legs are such a liability, why did Angott lock Robinson out of a title shot?

Wilder worked a nice double jab against Fury in the rematch. He's actually quite effective, accidentally or intended, at throwing the lazy jab. Tyson had phenomenal head movement, but his style was predicated on overwhelming fighters who couldn't make him pay for his mistakes. And even at the best of times he'd settle down, become static and put his head on line. Dempsey had the same habit, but Dempsey was self-taught and revolutionizing the sport. Wilder might struggle at first, but wins emphatically.

Watch Ingo-Patterson I. That's the Happy Meal, this is the Super Sized version.

Comment

He would be too small. he would be top 10 contender maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by *Makaveli* View Post
                      Wilder leaves his chin wide open and he'd struggle to hit prime Tyson . Couple of bangs on the chin from Iron Mike and its over
                      Apparently, you're thinking of someone very different from the Mike Tyson we're all discussing.

Comment

Working...
                      X