Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would a young Mike Tyson fair against the real big heavyweights of today.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
    He tore through Mitch Greene?

Why didn't Tyson keep tearing through fighters in the 90's? Oh yeah, Buster Douglas.

Tyson would be out of his league today.
    Dude, he was hooked to Robin Givens, the most lethal soul/material sucking Lamprey that a woman could ever be. His lose of Cus was huge and add to that the unscrupulous ways of Don King. Not Cayton, Rooney, nor anybody else could protect him at that point.

Just an inner-city kid who worked his a$$ off and made himself extremely wealthy while standing as king of the world. What could possibly go wrong with the world around Mike Tyson? Shall I count the ways? .........Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'; 11-09-2020, 11:54 AM.

Comment

When did Bruno ever have a "good day"!?
      For example, when he was beating Lennox Lewis until the latter found a Hail Mary.

Comment

Hearns had skinny legs, how did that work out for Duran and Cuevas?

If skinny legs are such a liability, why did Angott lock Robinson out of a title shot?

Wilder worked a nice double jab against Fury in the rematch. He's actually quite effective, accidentally or intended, at throwing the lazy jab. Tyson had phenomenal head movement, but his style was predicated on overwhelming fighters who couldn't make him pay for his mistakes. And even at the best of times he'd settle down, become static and put his head on line. Dempsey had the same habit, but Dempsey was self-taught and revolutionizing the sport. Wilder might struggle at first, but wins emphatically.

Watch Ingo-Patterson I. That's the Happy Meal, this is the Super Sized version.
        Comparing Wilder to Hearns is swearing to the gods. Wilder is not that good, technically speaking.

Duran had a bad day vs Hearns. Hagler did not. Or Iran Barkley, for that matter...

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
          For example, when he was beating Lennox Lewis until the latter found a Hail Mary.
          Bruno could fight a bit but always seemed to come up short in his biggest fights..........Rockin'

Comment

Tyson would not have a chance against Wilder. Wilder is a foot taller, Mike has decent power, Wilder has the iron fist. Beatdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              Bruno could fight a bit but always seemed to come up short in his biggest fights..........Rockin'
              Yes, he was a better fighter than many people think.

His main problem was a frail psyche, that's why he didn't perform at his best throughout his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
                Tyson would not have a chance against Wilder. Wilder is a foot taller, Mike has decent power, Wilder has the iron fist. Beatdown.
                I think the opposite. Wilder is the only top 10 guy prime Mike would beat IMO. Wilder is slow starter. Against Mike he would not even have a time to do anything with his right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                  Right, so NOT a good day.

Not really, a Hail Mary, either.

Ortiz is bigger, better, and MUCH more mentally sound than Bruno. How'd it go for him against Wilder?

For what it's worth, I think Bruno is MUCH better than he is remembered to have been. Really, he was a good Heavyweight, he would have beaten most Heavyweight who preceded him. Had he come of age just a few years earlier he would have been an absolute nightmare for Holmes - unseating him wouldn't have been unrealistic. But he was a choke artist and too small for Wilder, and his chin wouldn't stand up to that absurd kind of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    Dude, he was hooked to Robin Givens, the most lethal soul/material sucking Lamprey that a woman could ever be. His lose of Cus was huge and add to that the unscrupulous ways of Don King. Not Cayton, Rooney, nor anybody else could protect him at that point.

Just an inner-city kid who worked his a$$ off and made himself extremely wealthy while standing as king of the world. What could possibly go wrong with the world around Mike Tyson? Shall I count the ways? .........Rockin'
                    So you admit he was a headcase unfit for the highest levels of the sport.

And here I had almost given up on you...

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                      Wilder is slow starter.
                      Something makes me think Dom Breazeale would disagree with that....

Comment

Working...
                      X